Country Location of Coolthaihouse Users

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

Country Location of Coolthaihouse Users

Post by dozer »

This graphic shows the distribution of users by country (sampling is the last 100 users). You can see about 51% are in Thailand. It is becoming significant because the non Thailand users are apparently experiencing slow response times. The server that we have moved to is very very fast and response time is great within Thailand. However, the bottleneck is for people coming in from out of the country. The reverse does not seem to be so true, ie if the server was hosted in another country, access time in Thailand would only slow down a bit (judging from the last host). Will evaluate further as time goes on!
Attachments
percentofusers.jpg
ThailandTony

UAE Access Speed

Post by ThailandTony »

I can confirm that access from UAE is very good and speed is as good as any other site. Will be back in LOS next week and will be hoping for same.
Attila

Post by Attila »

see the thread in "Tweak List and Problem Reports" - the slow access experienced sometimes seems to be not a general problem, but a problem with one of the routers at the CAT data center in BKK, the very last one(s) before reaching the coolthaihouse server.

This router(s) is/are either malconfigured or from time to time overloaded.

This can get fixed if the network administrators there know what they are doing - well, TIT - do they?
udon

Post by udon »

Big improvement today.

Acessing from SYD by cable BBand.

thanks dozer...... It was bad a few weeks back. :)
dozer
Site Admin

response times getting better

Post by dozer »

Sounds like it is getting better. Please let me know about any other response time issues. Thanks Attila for staying on top of it.
Kondee

Re: response times getting better

Post by Kondee »

dozer wrote:Sounds like it is getting better. Please let me know about any other response time issues. Thanks Attila for staying on top of it.
Yes Dozer.... :wink: it seems like it getting better and more faster. Thank you... :P
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Isn't this incredible? The vast majority of non Thai resident members are in the UK. Anyone have any ideas why this should be? Could it be due to the indexing and referencing of the site?
udon

Post by udon »

It could have something to do with current immigration policies in the UK & Oz.

Too many Poms! :lol:
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

udon wrote:Too many Poms! :lol:
Maybe I expressed myself too vaguely :oops:
I meant that the vast majority of visitors to this site from outside Thailand, are from the UK.

In Udon, Nong Khai and Nong Bua Lamphu, there are certainly not too many Poms - the places are overrun by Ozzies :D

Good for making mates from Oz though, and visiting them for a beer and a barb in a Melbourne garden. :wink: