money transfers

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Roger Ramjet

Re: money transfers

Post by Roger Ramjet »

MGV12,
Not a good suggestion about swapping daughters.... better the devil you know.....I'll just have to buy an iMac 27, get a bigger computer room, buy more wardrobes, earn more super, the list is endless.... perhaps when I finish building, if I ever start.
BKKBILL

Post by BKKBILL »

Yes the devil you know. :) :)

RR unfortunately the suits are up the their old tricks again.

The federal government ran a deficit of $4.4-billion in November, figures released Friday show.
The shortfall resulted from a combination of the weak economy bringing down tax revenues and money spent through economic-stimulus measures, the Department of Finance said.
That compared to a surplus of about $100-million a year earlier.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Bill,
Perhaps if the government wanted more tourist dollars they should allow people to sell alcohol on a Sunday. That really was a shock to my system, especially after the night (and early morning) before at the College at Grand Pararie (Is that the correct spelling)? Luckily friends had a carton of large Fosters cans, which I duly drank to their amazement.
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

Roger Ramjet wrote:MGV12,
Not a good suggestion about swapping daughters.... better the devil you know
No sense of adventure you two ... how times change ... mine wasn't a model teenager but I don't ever recall referring to her as a devil.

Observing the world around me I know what you mean though ... I blame the parents :)

For Fred's benefit ... following her father she did know how to construct a set of concrete steps by first constructing the rebar frame, then the form-work, then pouring the steps one at a time. Over here, where most steps will be tiled, you can build the form-work so that you can pour the whole thing in one go and leave some of the form-work in situ as the tiles will stop the termites getting at it. :)

FUTAB..........
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

MGV12 wrote:For Fred's benefit ...
I think you have me confused with Max.
If you have watched closely you will have seen that I have not got my hands dirty so far while building the house ..... even the money I paid has been electronic. :lol:
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

fredlk wrote:
MGV12 wrote:For Fred's benefit ...
I think you have me confused with Max.
If you have watched closely you will have seen that I have not got my hands dirty so far while building the house ..... even the money I paid has been electronic. :lol:
For your benefit in that it's building-related Fred :)

Anyways .. on a more important subject than errant teenagers ... and finance-related to boot .. has the British government taken over here and introduced one of its legendary stealth taxes? ... or is it Tesco/Lotus?

I ventured into their emporium ten days ago to secure a case of finest Chang ... expecting to pay 435 Baht as it's been for some time ... that's 36.25 per bottle for the arithmetically challenged ... to find to my dismay that there were no cases on the shelves ... just individual bottles at the extortionate price of 41 Baht. A few days ago I went back for something else and the cases were back but at 492 Baht per case.

Anyone with similar experiences or is it a Tesco @ Maejo phenomenon?

FUTAB..........
MGV12

Corruption ... where would we be without it?

Post by MGV12 »

On another subject ... who would have thought?

http://www.care2.com/causes/politics/bl ... ud-scheme/

FUTAB..........
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

MGV12,
That's the new tax the government introduced very quietly. Tesco, and all the rest, think that they will make a killing by doing that. They might, but some customers don't like it and go elsewhere. I used to spend a fair bit at Foodland, then they did the same thing with packets of cigarettes (they wouldn't sell a carton) whilst the government's tax was on again, off again. I gave up after the third week and now spend the 30,000 odd at Farm Fresh or Tops and get my cartons of cigarettes at 7 Eleven.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

This thread has deviated from the topic of money transfers. Any other discussion open a new thread on that topic.