How much is mums half wood house worth ?

Land or house for sale. Anything real estate related for sale goes here! DO NOT however advertise consulting or building services.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker, tcth16

Bangyai

How much is mums half wood house worth ?

Post by Bangyai »

My mother in law is looking to sell her own house as we have just built her a new one.
She is only selling the house , not the land it sits on and is mainly thinking of how much the materials in it will be worth if it is dismantled.

As you can see from the pictures it is not much of a house but there is a fair bit of hardwood in the floors plus other stuff like windows,stairs and doors etc.

So before we put it up for sale what would be a ball park figure as to its worth ? We are not expecting too much but any money we can make will offset the cash we spent building her new house.

So ......... anybody have an idea ?
Attachments
DSC03201.jpg
DSC03203.jpg
DSC03199.jpg
DSC03198.jpg
DSC03196.jpg
DSC03192.jpg
DSC03190.jpg
Shastadad

Re: How much is mums half wood house worth ?

Post by Shastadad »

I would go over to the building story: House Extension to "Baan Thai" Chiang Mai here:

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=4986

Since eyecatcher discusses his pricing "old wood" which could give you an idea of the value
Sometimewoodworker

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

Shastadad wrote:I would go over to the building story: House Extension to "Baan Thai" Chiang Mai here:

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=4986

Since eyecatcher discusses his pricing "old wood" which could give you an idea of the value
I think you would probably only get about 10% of the price that he paid unless you can sell direct to an end user.
Bangyai

Post by Bangyai »

Thanks for both the replies. I will check out the links today. Somebody local has tentatively offered 25,000 baht for the whole house. Wifey wants 30,000 so not sure if she is yet ready to take the money and run.