Tired of Building in Bangkok

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Tiredofbuilding

Tired of Building in Bangkok

Post by Tiredofbuilding »

I have been in the construction business in Thailand for several years now. Mostly house, condo, shop renovations. I am kind of a methodical person. I have most of Bangkok mapped out with suppliers, prices, etc. After building everything I can think of I am just board and tired of building things. I used to spend 600-1000 daily on motorbike taxis to find chemical suppliers, building material suppliers, food chemi suppliers. Now I have it all mapped out and its become routine.

I worked a while for a group that owned NIght Clubs/Concert Venue in Bangkok. It was fun/challenging because there were changes and special requests every week and it was on a very tight schedule. But the money went from a contractors price to a maintenance mans price and we had to bow out.

If any one in the group would like help locating suppliers in Bangkok, I am all ears. Any suggestions for what to do next?
Roger Ramjet

Re: Tired of Building in Bangkok

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Tiredofbuilding wrote: I am all ears. Any suggestions for what to do next?
Why not start a Driving School... think of it as an adventure and community service all rolled into one. :D
My wife has just been through the Thai version where the most common phrase is Mai Pen Rai (it doesn't matter) and they pass them with no experience or confidence and they are a danger on the real roads.
Or
Start a campaign to have all the roads fixed properly in Bangkok and surrounds, even have a truck (with workers) ready to go out at a moment's notice and fix the road if the caller will pay a fee, then bill the local shire council.
Tiredofbuilding

Re: Tired of Building in Bangkok

Post by Tiredofbuilding »

I like doing sustainable projects. I would like to do something with a lot of tinkering and figuring. I need to stay busy, on my feet all day. I see plenty of guys doing things on youtube with green renewable energy. For me I prefer to stay work in central Bangkok. Thats my zone where I know where everything is.