Standard house purchase contract in Thai

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Fritz

Standard house purchase contract in Thai

Post by Fritz »

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a standard house purchase contract for an existing house in Thai that you would like to share? Or is there a website where I can download one from?

We are selling our house and the bank has asked the buying party to produce a buying contract.

The last time we bought our house we didn't have to have it notarized. I assume this is still the case? Just have two copies counter signed by buyer and seller and 1 witness on both sides?

Is there anything I have forgotten here?

Many thanks,

Fritz
Sunpax

Re: Standard house purchase contract in Thai

Post by Sunpax »

Whats about the land title ? the chanote ?

Is your wife Thaie ?
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

It's a standard Thai to Thai sale. Chanote is in the bank as a guarantee for the mortgage. We have certified copies of it. The bank of the buyer is the same is our bank. The bank has been informed by both parties.

They just want to have a contract in whuch it states the agreement to buy, the price, and basic purchasing conditions. in order to start up the mortgage approval procedure for the buying party.

Thanks
Bangyai

Post by Bangyai »

I have a couple I have used when selling property in Bangkok. The longer of the two which runs to 3 x A4 sheets is a direct copy from the government website ( forget which one as I searched for it in Thai ) However, it is a contract for sale by installments. The shorter of the two is an abridged version of the first which I put together myself and is suitable for a sale by one of payment, either by cash or bankers draft.
These documents are only for use as an agreement between buyer and seller for the proposed sale of a property and include a section for accepting a deposit before proceeding to completion at your local land office.
Attachments
house-sale (3).doc
(48 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
house-sale (4).doc
(52.5 KiB) Downloaded 222 times