Responding to Obvious Spam

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

Responding to Obvious Spam

Post by dozer »

If there is an obvious spam post please do not comment or respond to it. You can report the spam post. The reason is apparently automated spam still seem to get through once in a while. When I go to remove them it means searching on the spamers posts and removing them all. Responses or references to the spam then no longer make sense. Remember, obvious spam always gets removed within about 8 - 10 hours at the most.
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Responding to Obvious Spam

Post by dozer »

Just to highlight this again, much easier to moderate if there are no responses to obvious spam. There may be a temptation to put out a funny response, etc, please just let the original spam post alone until the mod gets around to deleting the single post.
geordie

Post by geordie »

As MGV12 is on holiday :P anyone dealing with his spam ?
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
BKKBILL

Post by BKKBILL »

geordie wrote:As MGV12 is on holiday :P anyone dealing with his spam ?
Geordie it's called the inter-net available 24/7 around the world. I hear even in the UK. :roll:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

geordie wrote:As MGV12 is on holiday :P anyone dealing with his spam ?
You talkin to me Geordie? Thought you Geordies liked spam. :D

FUTAB..........
geordie

Post by geordie »

ok ok i told you i was crap with computers as soon as i had posted it i thought about it it :roll:
along the lines of he probably has one of those phone,s otis uses you can get the internet on?
The thing is i was woried that he could not get a signal from thailand :lol: :lol:
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

geordie wrote:ok ok i told you i was crap with computers as soon as i had posted it i thought about it it :roll:
along the lines of he probably has one of those phone,s otis uses you can get the internet on?
The thing is i was woried that he could not get a signal from thailand :lol: :lol:
No frigging idea :lol: if I had the time I would pop round and show you but time and tide wait for no man ... let alone me ... and I fly back to LOS on Sunday

FUTAB..........
geordie

Post by geordie »

My phone is that - a phone samsung gh250 or somthing it has no call centre number so cannot text but it can ocasionally go a bit wild and try to join the internet only because i have not figured out how to delete that it has a music player and a camera :roll: :roll: all i want is to make phone calls