Beware Buying Unfinished Home and Foreign Mafia

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

Beware Buying Unfinished Home and Foreign Mafia

Post by dozer »

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/03/ ... -to-death/

Interesting read. Have heard of the Hua Hin foreign mafia before. A lot of this seems like common sense and most coolthaihouse readers would not fall prey to it I'm sure.
People have been sold properties which do not exist, have trouble getting ownership papers, and in once case we know the same property was sold to 12 different clients. Going through the courts can take years.
Nawty

Re: Beware Buying Unfinished Home and Foreign Mafia

Post by Nawty »

I have been researching land titles lately as I am looking at a por tor bor 5 title currenlty.

One interesting article said that Samui had been issued with land titles covering 200,000 rai of land.

But thing is Samui is only 150,000 rai in total size.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
otis-a

Post by otis-a »

Interesting read on HH. Sounds a bit like time share sharks. If just looking for beaches must be better chances to dig hole put in water line sides with sand hire out maids in appro attire sit back chug down a cold one
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

Nawty wrote: One interesting article said that Samui had been issued with land titles covering 200,000 rai of land.

But thing is Samui is only 150,000 rai in total size.
It's not just the Mafia either ....... as I mentioned in my 'Left Over Land' thread, a local guy, who many would consider to be an elder statesman of the village and upstanding citizen, 'sold' an area of Forestry Commission land to an elderly lady which he didn't and couldn't own .... !!!!! .... he took her deposit and when the Land Office naturally refused the transfer he refused to pay the money back! Nice people we live amongst :( :( :( but fortunately only a tiny minority of them in most parts of the country; better than Nigeria [or a very long list of other places] where everyone is looking to con you and rip you off.

FUTAB..........
otis-a

Post by otis-a »

thanks to MGV12 for the perspective on Thailand.
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
Maseratimartin

Post by Maseratimartin »

If you cannot change the corrupt system in Thailand....then use it!

Make presents to the right persons....and you will live safe and with less problems!

Anywhere else you also pay for safety...call it tax....

:wink: