Kanchanaburi (Tha Muang) New Home & Plant Nursery for sale

Land or house for sale. Anything real estate related for sale goes here! DO NOT however advertise consulting or building services.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker, tcth16

Glenn

Kanchanaburi (Tha Muang) New Home & Plant Nursery for sale

Post by Glenn »

New home, (see gallery: glenn kanchanaburi house) and profitable, fully equipped foliage business for sale. See our ad in Thaivisa or pm me.

glenn
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Kanchanaburi (Tha Muang) New Home & Plant Nursery for sale

Post by dozer »

Just curious, why are you selling the project? Still staying in Thailand?
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

We're becoming commuters.

About a year ago I decided to try and do some business in Vietnam. I partnered with a public company there and together we made an application to the Cantho (Mekong Delta) City government for them to donate 100 acres of land and sell us 650 acres. My idea was to develop a world class Botanical Gardens on the 100 acres, build a Horticultural Enterprise Zone on 250 acres and build mixed use (retail, commercial, residential, tourism related, conference center, 5 star hotel) on the remaining 400 acres. The project was unanamously approved in May and we expect the investment license to be issued within the next 30-60 days.

There's no way I can do that and live in Kanchanaburi. Just getting to the airport is a hassle. If we have an early flight we have to go in the day before (stay in a hotel) and if we return at night, we need to stay in a hotel too. It's just not convenient. So we decided to sell or rent the house and nursery, buy a place in Bangkok and in HCMC and become commuters. We earn too much to give up the brokerage business and it's very easy for us to continue. But we know that Vietnam is going to quickly become a full time job.

Our business is great. Our plant brokerage business is excellent. I have customers that have been friends for almost 40 years that I've been in the industry.

Locally: We started importing young plants from China and selling them to growers in Thailand and that's working out very well. We buy small plants, hold them for 90 days or so and then re-sell. We also import some plants from South America and that's developing into a good business too.

What I really want to do is find a farang that is looking for a ready made retirement situation in Thailand. I would consider continuing as a partner and guide and train the new owner how to run the business. Or someone could buy the house and rent out the nursery, or whatever, as long as it makes sense. I'm flexible and I understand the legal issues sorrounding foreign ownership in Thailand and we're willing to co-operate with the buyer.

Thanks for asking. I figured I may as well answer you to answer any questions that an interested party may have, as well. Hope you don't mind.

Glenn
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

No I don't mind, appreciate the dialog. You have posted a nice account of your house being built, and very interesting story regarding the investment in Vietnam. Good luck on the venture!