Problems/SQL Errors/Photo Upload Problems

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

MGV12

Re: Problems/SQL Errors/Photo Upload Problems

Post by MGV12 »

MGV12 wrote:Dozer has attended to the 'Wood and Woodworking' forum and all appears to be well now .... whether it works for Australians we shall see 8)
Five days later and .... after all the fussing ... the only post is from someone who didn't complain :roll:

FUTAB..........
BKKBILL

Post by BKKBILL »

MGV12 wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Dozer has attended to the 'Wood and Woodworking' forum and all appears to be well now .... whether it works for Australians we shall see 8)
Five days later and .... after all the fussing ... the only post is from someone who didn't complain :roll:
It’s not all about posting.

When anyone looking at a thread is denied access alarm-bells ring across the www.

Just what is being hidden from inquiring minds.

We demand web freedom. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

MGV12 wrote:Five days later and .... after all the fussing ... the only post is from someone who didn't complain
It took five days to open up a thread so people could read it and comment or not.
Some people here, during their building stories, would update two or three times a day with photos and a written expaination of what transpired during their day and they would do it at all times of the day and night.
I thought the board was to gain knowledge and pass on advise in a timely fashion, but apparently I'm wrong and it will now take five days to get an answer, or keep the building story current. Well that's what it appears to be.
If nobody had alerted you to the problem, could we have waited 10 days?
Sometimewoodworker

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Five days later and .... after all the fussing ... the only post is from someone who didn't complain
It took five days to open up a thread so people could read it and comment or not.
Some people here, during their building stories, would update two or three times a day with photos and a written expaination of what transpired during their day and they would do it at all times of the day and night.
I thought the board was to gain knowledge and pass on advise in a timely fashion, but apparently I'm wrong and it will now take five days to get an answer, or keep the building story current. Well that's what it appears to be.
If nobody had alerted you to the problem, could we have waited 10 days?
As the board is not a moneymaking project, and we pay nothing for it apart from our time, IMNSHO you should tone down the complaints.
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

Dozer is the only one able to make these changes and he was unavailable.

With one minor exception all the threads on the new forum have been dormant for some months ... and so only those wishing to start a new topic would possibly be affected by the delay. No new topics have been started since the forum became fully active five days ago.

Reminder re forum rules:

Questioning moderation on the open forum
If you have complaints or questions about the way the board is being moderated please contact Dozer via the feedback form or by PM. Under no circumstances should criticisms or moderation questions be posted on the open forum. Here is a recent example of a comment within a post that violates this policy. "I would suggest you delete my post as it doesn't conform to your way of thinking and doing things and you are the moderator here."

FUTAB..........
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

MGV12 wrote:Dozer is the only one able to make these changes and he was unavailable.
Wouldn't it have been far simpler to post that before all the speculation started? :D :D
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Dozer is the only one able to make these changes and he was unavailable.
Wouldn't it have been far simpler to post that before all the speculation started? :D :D
Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:51 pm
MGV12 wrote:
Roger Ramjet wrote:I've just been to the wood and woodworking forum and it claims I don't have permission to read it. Why is that?
Under investigation
Added later:

Your six openly-critical posts on this thread make it obvious that you are unhappy with the way this [non-commercial and volunteer moderated] site is being run. By your wording ... and the fact that you have only ever commented on one of the affected threads now in the 'Wood and Woodworking' forum [three years ago] and have not started any new topics nor posted since ... your comments suggest concerns that run deeper than the forum in question. I suggest you take up those concerns directly with the site owner ... Dozer via Feedback viewforum.php?f=38 or the Contact Form http://www.coolthaihouse.com/contact-page/. MGV12 - moderator.

FUTAB..........