Posting Pictures

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

mtsinternational

Posting Pictures

Post by mtsinternational »

Greetings!

I have a story to to tell that is best supported with the addition of photos. I am unable to load photos. Is there a source on the forum that will describe the process for me step by step. Thanks!
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

First off there are two locations to load photos, you can load to the cth photo album at http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics or load them to directly in your post on the forum if you only have a few.

To post directly to the forum read this:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... highlight=

To post to the photo gallery read this:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... highlight=
Max&Bee-in-CM

Re: Posting Pictures

Post by Max&Bee-in-CM »

Can we post pictures horizontally in addition to vertically? Like have 2 rows of 3 pictures each?
otis-a

Post by otis-a »

my hat is off to those who post so many photos to make this site such a gr8 reference point!
Personally i find it a bit tedious to resize and rename each photo but grasp the necessity of why:
the resize format that works best for me is called 'large web' in ms-office photomanager: it also took a few go rounds to find the 'add or upload image' button at very bottom of reply page; also it takes a few page loads for me to over to the place where one can upload to his personal album & still never got how to upload to forum direct from album so for now if want post pic in forum and album then for me is two uploads at what ever baud my n97mini modem with opera bowser gets on 2 bars of cell signal, when available
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Can we post pictures horizontally in addition to vertically? Like have 2 rows of 3 pictures each?
Not in the forum, but in the gallery the pictures are displayed vertically in rows, depending on the sort order which can be modified.
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

As mentioned by other posters, this site absolutely became my favorite within hours after discovering it. Many thanks Dozer for putting up the effort and giving many of us the chance to find so much information in one place.

I have one question though: From other forums (mainly fish/aquaria) where I post, I have the option to select multiple (up to 8 I think) pictures and upload them in one shot before posting a reply.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems not possible in CTH forum replies.
It would save me a lot of repeating clicks if that would be possible.

Thanks and regards,
Luc
MGV12

Post by MGV12 »

schuimpge wrote: From other forums (mainly fish/aquaria) where I post,
I will leave Dozer to respond to your question on pic uploading ... but it would be good to have some input from you on your fish activities if you have the time/inclination. We appear to have quite a bit of interest but few contributors on that subject viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2019

FUTAB..........
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I have the option to select multiple (up to 8 I think) pictures and upload them in one shot before posting a reply.
you can upload several pics as follows:

1.) Select Upload attachment tab.
2.) Browse to the pic you wish to add.
3.) click 'add the file' (insert any file comments also).

4.) Repeat from step 1 above.

However it is not possible to select them all at one time and accomplish the upload in one step. Maybe that will be in a future release....
Attachments
sample 3 pic
sample 3 pic
sample 1 pic
sample 1 pic
sample 2 pic
sample 2 pic
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Late reply, but thanks for the answers Dozer,

MGV, will try to find some time for Fish keeping posts.
Did skim the forums for fish/pond builds and read through yours already, very nice.

Cheers,
Luc