how to post an attachment

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

BKKBILL

Re: how to post an attachment

Post by BKKBILL »

Everything seems to work at stated for me. Nice shot Fred, had to use the arrow keys to move.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

An excellent shot. Have you got the same car tho in the photo twice, or are those two different cars?
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

payebacs wrote:An excellent shot. Have you got the same car tho in the photo twice, or are those two different cars?
I moved slightly off the centre line by the time I got to the car so it looks slightly extended and doubled. It was my first ever panorama photo with this new software.
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

fredlk wrote:slightly extended and doubled
No, I mean there are two cars. One next to the house and one next to your carport shade thing in the garden?
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

payebacs wrote:No, I mean there are two cars. One next to the house and one next to your carport shade thing in the garden?
Just because they are both white, does't mean it's the same car. One is a Mazda parked in the lower garden in the parking area and the other is a Suzuki parked in the road under my study window. No matter how hard one tried, one could never get the same car in different positions in the same shot, let alone one in full view and the other behind the flowers. :roll:
(P.S. The one car is 4.5 metres long, the other 3.85. Clear as daylight.)
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

fredlk wrote:No matter how hard one tried, one could never get the same car in different positions in the same shot
Technology must have moved on a bit. Last time I had the panorama feature I had to take 3 separate photos and the camera joined them together as one so if one didn't do it quickly or overlapped the shots things would in fact appear more than once in the final product like a moving dog or car say. Nevermind. As I said it is a fantastic photo i just thought you slipped up there but obviously not.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

payebacs wrote:Technology must have moved on a bit.
Apple of course. :D IOS 6 with an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5. I can even make telephone calls with it (simultaneously if I like), use it as a gps, compass, spirit level, play games, surf the internet and so much more.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/ ... their_head:
Apple's iOS 6 Camera app turns Panoramas on their head
By Daniel Eran Dilger

When Apple showed off its new Panorama feature in iOS 6, it didn't even demonstrate half of its capabilities--specifically the ability to capture vertical panoramas.

The unveiling of the new Panorama feature in iOS 6's Camera app left many observers unimpressed because they failed to see anything new. After all, there are already plenty of pano apps to choose from in the App Store.

However, as noted in the previous segment, Apple's new iOS 6 Camera app makes Panorama capture easy, Apple isn't just seeking to muscle into territory already staked out by third party apps, but is instead introducing Panorama as a new camera feature intended to capture something different.

Rather than outputting conventional, low resolution dynamic panos, Camera app's Panorama mode captures images as huge as 10,800x2332 and that weigh in at around 16.8MB. Note again that the example images below are highly compressed.

From humble beginnings on the first iPhone, which took only the most basic of photos, Apple has (particularly since the release of iPhone 4) become both a leading camera phone maker and a top innovator in mobile optics, geotagging and photo enhancing software ranging from iPhoto to iMovie.

In fact, the top two cameras of the Flickr Community are the iPhone 4S followed by iPhone 4, with the rest of the top five being the Canon EOS 5D Mark II and REBEL T2i and Nikon D90 (three models that cost around $600-$1500). Among the top smartphones on Flickr, Apple owns four of the top five spots with the iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS and 3G.

So when Apple adds a feature to its camera phones, it's kind of a big deal. It also doesn't happen too often. The last time the company significantly improved its Camera app software was the addition of HDR and face recognition, which were based upon its multimillion dollar acquisitions of IMSense and Polar Rose, respectively.

The Panorama feature in iOS 6 is the latest example of Apple's use of sophisticated software to enhance photos and work around the limitations inherent in mobile device cameras.

While the last segment focused on horizontal Panoramas, Apple's new software is also designed to capture vertical panoramas, sometimes called a "vertorama." These are a bit tricker to capture, since it's more natural to pan from left to right than it is to sweep from the ground up (particularly if you keep going through a full 240 degrees, requiring a yoga-trained back bend).

The results, however, can be spectacular, even downright mindbendingly strange.
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

fredlk wrote:iPhone 4S or iPhone 5
Those are exceptional pics, the vertical panoramas. I've recently downscaled on my phone tho in favour of just a blank phone, no camera, colour nothing. Battery and talk and basic text message only. But then you can have a contract and with that comes a more advanced phone so I think if I go down the route of having a pay monthly contract I'll opt for a high end phone otherwise just stick with a throw in the bin type and take out when I need it my kodak, netbook, etc I've got a little toshiba and it's brilliant because i can plug it into a full size flatscreen monitor with wireless fullsize keyboard and mouse yet should i 'hit the road' can slip it into the side pocket of my bag no problem at all. I've got one of these wireless mobile internet dongles and quite interestingly, the sim card that it takes and which you top-up for internet use can be changed for any sim card of the same network, ie even ones made for phones and, at present the pay monthly contracts on offer from my network provider offer unlimited internet data downloads to your phone so, if I sign up to that they'll give me one of these high end phones and I can just take the sim card out and put it into my internet dongle instead for the unlimited internet, and then either not use the phone or put a pay as you go sim card into it and carry on as normal. What a life. The hardships are neverending... Attachments..?
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

1. Make as if to post a message but instead of writing some text click Upload Attachment
1.jpg
2. the Upload Attachment box will open. Click Browse.
2.jpg
3. your computers Navigation box will open. Navigate or browse inside of it until you locate your image.
3.jpg
4. Double click on your image.
4.jpg
5. The navigation box will disappear and the Filename of your image will be stored in the Filename box (next to Browse). Click Add the File to upload to CTH.
5.jpg
6. Once uploaded the name of your photo is displayed beneath the message pane. click Place Inline to place it into your text box ready for posting.
6.jpg
7. It is now inside of your text box and ready for posting but all you can see are words. Click Preview to see if it’s really there.
7.jpg
Last edited by payebacs on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

8. It is there. Click Submit to post.
8.jpg
payebacs

Post by payebacs »

And 9. If at some stage it says your photo is too big, then you need to make it smaller (on your computer not here) and then start this process again.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

payebacs wrote:And 9. If at some stage it says your photo is too big, then you need to make it smaller (on your computer not here) and then start this process again.
Now that even my late grandmother could follow! No excuses anymore. Anyone who does not post pics here just doesn't want to.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

If at some stage it says your photo is too big
I know that in some past versions of the forum software it would not resize and give the error message. I have a feeling it is all history at this point.
Now that even my late grandmother could follow!
Yes, very good step by step instructions! Hopefully with that we won't get too many more complaints about the difficulty and utter lack of ease (compared to other forums) of uploading attachments!