CTH Members Rock

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

thailazer

CTH Members Rock

Post by thailazer »

A while ago we were struggling in making a window choice and bkkbill turned me on to his supplier. Great service and value. Then later we were looking for the kitchen build-out solution and again bkkbill had a local guy who just delivered cabinets to us yesterday. The finish, strength, and joinery is superb. Just wanted to publicly thank bill for his help, and thanks also to MGV12 for his leads on a stairway. CTH is a great site, but it is the members that give CTH its real strength.
BKKBILL

Re: CTH Members Rock

Post by BKKBILL »

--- :oops: :oops: ---

Thanks for the comments thailazer we will be contacting you soon to have a look at the place.

Have found many local tradesmen that can do as good or better with price and quality than the manufactured products available in Thailand.

You do have to look hard and check the work but it can be done. As for the cabinets we ended up at a very nice wooden house to see the craftsmanship, he is more of an artist I think and it is a good thing if they are proud enough to show you their work.

Here in Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai we have had the pleasure of meeting some good working people with many of them becoming friends.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
thailazer

Post by thailazer »

You are right about him being an artist. My wife wants him to build a small teak make-up table and they must have went on for an hour talking about it. I finally left to go buy some anchors at the hardware store! We will have him build some more stuff as funds permit.
Makmak456

Post by Makmak456 »

Eaxctly what I thought this site was for.......
My thanks to all too.
I feel that the info contained here will help me do a better, more cost effective build.

TIA
Mark&Nu