new forum software upgrade

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

new forum software upgrade

Post by dozer »

I just installed a new forum upgrade. Let me know if you see any problems.
MGV12

Re: new forum software upgrade

Post by MGV12 »

dozer wrote:I just installed a new forum upgrade. Let me know if you see any problems.
Did for a while earlier as some of the line spacings were strange and a 'quote' response to a thread caused the quoted text to momentarily appear in the reply bax then disappear ??? Seems to have stabilised now.

FUTAB..........
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

OK, let me know if you see anything further.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

I'm not quite sure if there's a problem, but viewing the gallery on an iPad while connected via Bluetooth to a mobile phone, I saw as Last Upload something in July and on photos there were no viewing figures like in the past. Doesn't seem right.
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

I'm not sure if this can be posted or not. I have major problems (delays) loading the site, let alone pages. Sometimes the forums won't show previous posts, other times it shows no new posts.
The floods has hit coolthaihouse web page and caused a drought!
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

but viewing the gallery on an iPad
If it is in the gallery that is separate software and wouldn't have been affected by the forum upgrade -- but I do see the last update date is 'old'. That is because some of those pictures I uploaded were actually copied over and so it kept the original date. As new pictures are uploaded the date on the last uploaded should be correct.
I have major problems (delays) loading the site, let alone pages.
Is this new since the upgrade? Are you seeing previous posts now? I am looking at the forum and it loads fast and I see all posts so not too sure if this would be related to the forum upgrade or if it possible could be a problem with your internet connection.
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Dozer,
The problem existed for over an hour this morning. The message I posted said it hadn't been posted after 20 minutes, so I closed it up. I just found out it had actually got through. The problem time was between 0600hrs to 0800hrs and I think may have been caused by the internet or my server True. I did change browsers from Safari to Tor, which is when things started to speed up, but still very slow.
The forum now seems to load a lot quicker.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I saw as Last Upload something in July and on photo
The dates on many of my recently uploaded pictures was out of sequence which caused this. I have now corrected this problem. Also I will note that on the home page that in the 'Latest Gallery Images' and 'Random Gallery Images' I have set it so that at most only 4 images for any one person will show (to keep it interesting).