PM System Down for Service/Investigation

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

PM System Down for Service/Investigation

Post by dozer »

There have been some complaints regarding abusive PM's and other possible misuse of the PM system which I am taking seriously and investigating. In the mean time I am temporarily taking down the PM system. As updates become available I will inform you on this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience but I feel it is necessary to err on the side of caution.

In the meantime if you wish to communicate with me use the web site form, located here:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/coolthaifeedback.php
dozer
Site Admin

Re: PM System Down for Service/Investigation

Post by dozer »

I've decided to best way to address the issues by bringing back the PM system for all users over a certain number of posts. This just means that new users will not have the ability to use the PM system until they have been around for a while (eg. the minimum post limit). While the forum software we are using basically supports this feature (limited permissions for new users), it requires some special setup and testing. I believe this will best be rolled in when the new major release of the coppermine gallery software is implemented since this will require testing in a test environment (at which point I could test the php scripts necessary to make this change). Ergo, possibly a couple of months away. Thanks for the required patience in this manner!
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

The PM system is still down and at current there is no automatic way on the board for members to contact each other. If you have an urgent request, you may contact me via the feedback form and I will forward your contact information to the associated party so they can make contact at their discretion. Don't post email addresses or request contact information from other members or your posts will be removed. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I realize that it is inconvenient to not have the PM system available and am trying to address all outstanding issues so a modified PM system can be implemented within the next few months. The new system hopefully will address shortfalls in the previous system that will help ensure site integrity and correct usage. I've had input from several members, and various admins on the issues.

One modification (among others) is that the PM system will only be allowed for non-commercial purposes and the initial registration will state this as a condition of use. To avoid any and all possible conflicts, the PM system will therefore not be available for commercial members.

Another change is that the PM system will only be available for members with over a certain number of posts.

If either of the above two conditions are not met (commercial or too few posts), you will not see or have access to the PM system.

This is a locked thread, if you have comments on the proposed changes please PM me (ha ha I really just wrote that)..... please use the feedback form http://www.coolthaihouse.com/coolthaifeedback.php as this topic I would like to get input off-line.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

The modified PM system is back up and seems to be working. It is available for posters that are not considered 'new users' who are non commercial members. New users are determined by the length of time since registration and the number of posts. Since the number of post requirement and the time since registration may change the limit is not posted.All of the original information (PM data associated with your account) is still available and you should be able to access it as before.

Please contact me if you should have any problems.