Quick way to find official value of house.

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

SwissTony

Quick way to find official value of house.

Post by SwissTony »

Is there a quick way to find the official value, i.e. fiscal value of our house in SiSaKet? The figure that would be used for calculating fees when transferring ownership.
We're not in the country at the moment and if it required a visit to the local Land Office we'd need to send a family member. What would be the term in Thai language for the 'official value' ? Would the Land Office give this value out to anyone?
Any advice gratefully received.
Tony
Sometimewoodworker

Re: Quick way to find official value of house.

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

SwissTony wrote:Is there a quick way to find the official value, i.e. fiscal value of our house in SiSaKet? The figure that would be used for calculating fees when transferring ownership.
We're not in the country at the moment and if it required a visit to the local Land Office we'd need to send a family member. What would be the term in Thai language for the 'official value' ? Would the Land Office give this value out to anyone?
Tony
The short answer is no.

The value of the house is the price someone will pay to buy it and that the seller is willing to accept for it.

The value declared to the land office is often/usually significantly less than the actual sale price, it could be as low as 10% of the actual price/value of the land/house. I don’t know if anyone can, but suspect they may be able, get information on values declared to the land office.
mikenot

Post by mikenot »

there is an online database of land values, but I don't think it includes the value of improvements such as a house ... http://property.treasury.go.th/pvmwebsite/index.asp. And i think those values would be way out of date in most cases.
As SWW said, the local land office will record whatever the buyers and sellers state the price was, and as the tax is a sliding scale both partners benefit from stating a lower price. The Land Office staff won't say anything unless it is a really ridiculously low figure.
markfsrill

Post by markfsrill »

SwissTony wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 pm Is there a quick way to find the official value, i.e. fiscal value of our house in SiSaKet? The figure that would be used for calculating fees when transferring ownership.
We're not in the country at the moment and if it required a visit to the local Land Office we'd need to send a family member. What would be the term in Thai language for the 'official value' ? Would the Land Office give this value out to anyone (Removed advertisement)?
Tony
Nope, there is no hard and fast rules that you apply to findout the value of house. As there are many factors depends on it.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

The Thai language is ราคาประมูล which roughly translates to estimated value. The land office uses this when transferring, it is often much lower than the actual value as people can declare what ever value they want as the sales price.