employers liability insurance

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

wally

employers liability insurance

Post by wally »

Hi,
Does anyone know where to buy thai insurance, to cover injury etc, of local Thai workers employed by my thai wife and myself when in los on our 2 storey house build in surin province.
We employ them directly on a daily wage including the foreman and not through a builder. We have tried a couple of large thai insurance companies but they only cover "white collar workers".

Also and separately I feel we should have public liability insurance on my wifes land, ie rice fields ,with a european husband in the background they might try to claim when otherwise they probably would not for any injury caused when crossing the land on their own business.

What do you guys think? Regards, Wally
Shastadad

Re: employers liability insurance

Post by Shastadad »

Since most lawyers will not work on a contingency basis here in Thailand there really is no ambulance chasing culture so I really question the need for liability insurance (if you can even get it here)

Are you going to contribute to your workers social security fund ? Are you going to buy them health insurance ? the list is endless but does not apply to Thailand since you are hiring "day workers" and as such you are not responsible for them

Save your money and put it towards your build, IMHO
wally

Post by wally »

Shastadad, Thanks for reply, my wife has always said the same.
Jmildedo

Post by Jmildedo »

<Nonsensical post removed - mod>