New Server Tweaks

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

Re: New Server Tweaks

Post by dozer »

they seem the same. media tags or not. The media tags (the TV icon) may come in handy in a post to clarify content.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

the cthpics gallery youtube videos are working again now also:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/di ... play_media
Sometimewoodworker

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

dozer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:40 am I installed a plug in. Try it now with just the url to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vhiZehG1WI

There are also some media tags with the TV icon on the top right of the posting box:

I well understand the tags and for future videos that is going to work.
The problem is that there are hundreds of existing videos that used to work but they have a different URL structure than "www dot YouTube dot com"

Such as "YouTube dot be"

Also the t
Latest [ media ] tag is not permitted for anyone so that is totally blocking videos

100DD451-01F8-48B2-97BD-5248CFE5FC75.jpeg
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

As far as the [media] tag, try it again. Permissions are set on a forum by forum basis and I have enabled it for Global moderators, Newly registered users and Registered users for all forums up to House Design, Architecture & Project Management. thanks :)
Sometimewoodworker

dozer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:21 pm As far as the [media] tag, try it again. Permissions are set on a forum by forum basis and I have enabled it for Global moderators, Newly registered users and Registered users for all forums up to House Design, Architecture & Project Management. thanks :)
Party working

Many YouTube users mark the videos as adult only to avoid the need for checking and compliance that goes with safe for kids.
Sometimewoodworker

And it’s an example of an older post
96DF5B7D-E7E7-43FE-8ED8-028CE6EF27AE.png
57AD2261-CFD9-4865-9DF1-D31E534CFA3C.jpeg
However if I go in and modify it it seems to work again

So this could be some kind of server cache issue
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802167?hl=en That's kind of weird -- think it has more to do with youtube age restriction setting that anything else.

Also if you can post me a couple of links where the video is not displayed I would like to take a look. (the youtube dot be for example). May need to manually update the database for these cases.

Just to clarify, this is what I see on the second vid:
Attachments
210720_second_vid_error.JPG
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Thanks, on that post:
We had visitors due and felt that sleeping on the floor wasn't a good idea.

[youtube ][/youtube]

second one format does no work:
[youtube show as text]_Qnou6s58fg[/youtube]

At some point I would need to write a script to update the database to change [youtube] to [media] and [/youtube] to [/media] for the first one to work. I just manually changed the tags on the first one to check it. Unfortunately the ones formatted like the second one will need to be manually modified to include the youtube URL.

Oh, just now see what you mean, looks like the youtube one does start working, was expecting it not to work :o . I will clear cache and we can try this again after the next version upgrade.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Just finished the upgrade of the forum to the latest phpbb version of 3.3.4 and re-installed in-line video plugin. This was the most significant upgrade as it involved upgrading other backbone site software such as php. I have checked it and things seemed to be working. Let me know if you see any problems.
Sometimewoodworker

The information under the username
antispam: Yes
Enter the Middle Value: 510
Amount of dollars to register for this site?: 0
Is available in the members profile & most doesn’t add anything of value to the posts that I can see
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

They should be gone now :)