Pemission to view attachment

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

ajarnudon

Pemission to view attachment

Post by ajarnudon »

For the first time, I have encountered the following message:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is on my own blog and on others, and using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. It disappears and shows me the image once I log on. I cannot find any control settings that would correct this. Has there been a forum global permission change?
Sometimewoodworker

Re: Pemission to view attachment

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

ajarnudon wrote:For the first time, I have encountered the following message:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is on my own blog and on others, and using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. It disappears and shows me the image once I log on. I cannot find any control settings that would correct this. Has there been a forum global permission change?
You don't have a Coolthaihouse blog.

The "your building story" forum is set for non members to be unable to view attachments.

Becoming a member is fast and easy (as the numbers of Indian spammers prove)

This is a common setting for phpBB forums/fora as it encourages viewers to join which then makes posting possible, many restrict viewing of all attachments.

It's not a bug it's a feature.