Editing own posts

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

ajarnudon

Editing own posts

Post by ajarnudon »

The permissions panel says I can edit my own posts, but I can't see how to. Is there supposed to be an edit button within my posts?
Thanks, John
ajarnudon

Re: Editing own posts

Post by ajarnudon »

OK. This last post has an edit button, but my other posts in the construction forums don't.
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

The edit button is only there for X amount of minutes.. seems to be about 15 minutes or so I think.
It avoids people changing older posts making the subsequent discussion on something said useless.
Some forums you can keep editing your post, which is good sometimes, for example when you're writing a longer piece on a subject not really up for discussion, and want to keep updating that subject so you keep all information together. Subsequently, other comments will appear below that first post to discuss the information given...Sticky's for beginners in a certain subject are a good example to choose that approach.

Cheers,
Luc
ajarnudon

Post by ajarnudon »

Ok, thanks heaps Luc. I made a mistake in a post that I didn't notice for a couple of days. Still no responses, but I guess I will live have to live with that window. Macquarie University forums have the same kind of restriction within their subject forums. Seems like the only redress is to make a reply to my own post.
Cheers, John
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

You'll be talking to yourself..don't make that a habit in public...lol