How to delete and entire album so you can start over

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Shastadad

How to delete and entire album so you can start over

Post by Shastadad »

:x One of the most frustrating things about posting albums here at CTH is the antiquated way in which you have to try and put your album pictures in order. If you have a few pix it isn't much of a problem but when you are trying to deal with more than a hundred it is almost impossible to use the up and down commands since you can only see the tiny thumbnails. If you accidently enlarge the photo to see what it is, by hitting the thumbnail instead of the url, you loose everything that you did before and have to start all over

Obviously the simplest way would be to delete the entire album and start over by "batch" renaming your pictures so that they will be uploaded in the order that you wan't them

Yet, I can find no way to delete an entire album so I can start over

Please advise or ADMIN please delete my entire album titled: Flood October 31st 2014

And maybe we might want to try and use a more uptodate photo sharing host instead of Coppermine Photo Gallery since the deletion problem has never been solved even at the individual picture level, no less for an entire album
fredlk

Re: How to delete and entire album so you can start over

Post by fredlk »

What's the story of the flood, the collapse and the rebuild?
Who is at fault? Was it poor construction? Who is paying?
Internal damage?
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

Fix the problem I addressed and all your questions will be answered, in pictures

< It has been referred to Dozer and I have no doubt that you will get a response 'directly' ... please hold the line :) - mod>
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

Shastadad wrote:Fix the problem I addressed
No can do.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

The album was removed. I am going to put in a fix so that pictures can be deleted, will add that to my list. I agree that the sorting of pics is not very easy to work with.
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

Thank you dozer will try it again taking into consideration that deletion of individual pictures will be in the future :wink:
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

Still doesn't work properly. Uploaded 155 pictures into one album and it shows that I uploaded 6825, and they are all in reverse order. They were uploaded to the Album titled Flood October 31st 2014. If I go to the "Picture Manager" page where you "sort my pictures" they are in the correct story board order but it doesn't show up that way in the Album. Have no clue as to how anyone can wade through over 6K worth of pictures just to view a few hundred

So if you want to see the story as it unfolded go to Google Picasa Web Albums and just click on this url:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1180855649 ... t2014Flood

Picasa will also allow you to see videos without having to upload them to YouTube, just look for the little > in the center of the picture
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

When I view them I see them in chronological order, eg the last one I see is 193-IMG_5212.JPG which was taken on Dec 28 at 13:41. The second one is 002-IMG_20141101_085606.jpg which was taken on Nov 01 at 08:56:06. There is one exception which is the notation picture 001-preview.jpg which shows as the first one, otherwise the order I see them is chronological.

Note, if you click any of the sort options it will change the order in which the pics are displayed.
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

Correct :oops: , the problem that I had was that when I click on the first picture of the "latest additions" in the "forum picture gallery" page, between "test Album" and "Random files" the gallery opens up in a film strip. That film strip is what is in reverse order and is where you see FILE 1/6825 (which means that there are 6825 pictures that are "latest additions", not that there are 6825 files in my album)

If I go directly to the album,@ Home > User galleries > Shastadad > Flood October 31st 2014, then the album will appear in the correct order as you have stated:

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/th ... ?album=372

So the lesson I learned is not to use the shortcut "Latest additions" to view someone's gallery. You must go to Home > User Galleries and maneuver to the correct gallery from there

But the Latest additions page can be useful though to notify members that you have added new pictures to your gallery, so long as they know that clicking on a picture will not take them to the gallery but only to the latest pics added to the gallery :wink:
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Also noticed something on some of the latest pics you uploaded. They do not have the camera embedded Exif information. This is the data that comes from the camera to indicate when the picture was actually taken.

For example, ones that do not have the info:
IMG_52185B15D.JPG
IMG_52215B15D.JPG
IMG_52225B15D.JPG
IMG_52295B15D.JPG
IMG_52495B15D.JPG
IMG_52535B15D.JPG
IMG_52585B15D.JPG
IMG_52615B15D.JPG

You can see the info if when you are looking at a picture you press the file info button on the left side of the 'FILE xxx/xxx' indicator on the top of the picture.

This information is easy to step on when resizing pics, etc. but is used during sorting options within the coppermine gallery.
Shastadad

Post by Shastadad »

Sometimes the Exif (or metadata) will not be in order or correct if a picture comes from a different source. If I don't have my little Canon handy I might have to take a picture with my Nexus phone, upload it to the "cloud" and then to my desktop prior to uploading to a CTH album, anyone of these processes can alter the data included with the picture. Also I will sometimes use a screen capture program, convert that from a PNG file, to a JPEG file (since Coppermine will only accept JPEG's) , which of course will not have anything but the metadata that is generated by the re-coding operation

Finally, it is sometimes easier to just change the file name of a photo so that it will upload in the order that I want it to be viewed, even if that is not in the same order in which it was taken, of course this will cause the Exif to be different that what is contained in the picture.

Yes, you can use the sort my pictures function but that can sometimes be confusing since the "thumbnails" are so small it is hard to be sure that you have the correct one to move (and if you click on it to enlarge) you will loose your new "order" because you failed to "save" . Add to the glitch that sometimes Coppermine will save some pictures without using the "update / save " command and you are stuck with duplicates that cannot be deleted due to the other glitch in Coppermine (at the user level)