Long Time to Load page

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

geordie

Long Time to Load page

Post by geordie »

ARE WE HAVING SERVER PROBLEMS ITS TAKING AN AGE TO LOAD A PAGE CAUSING ME TO HAVE TO REFRESH SEVERAL TIMES
INCOMPLETE PAGES GO ON ACTIVE TOPICS GET THREE OR FOUR REFRESH GET EIGHT OR NINE REFRESHH GET THIRTY
LEAVE PAGE ACTIVE UPLOADING A REPLY AND WHILE WAITING CAN ACTUALLY START A SECOND PAGE WITH FORUM AND GET NEW TOPIC UP QUICKER THAN WAITING FOR UPLOAD KEEP GETTING MESSAGE

WAITING FOR REPLY?? FROM CTH
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
fredlk

Re: System Unavailable Problem

Post by fredlk »

geordie wrote:WAITING FOR REPLY?? FROM CTH
No problems here. It might be that your government is cutting back on internet as well?
Jokes aside, apart from a couple of moments of slower access today, same as every day, nothing unusual is happening with the website here in Thailand.

On occasion I get it freezing - not today - and then I just stop the upload and start again. The server is not all that fast if too many people are viewing the site.
geordie

Post by geordie »

JUST LOGGED ON AGAIN SEEMS FASTER WILL TRY A FEW VEIWS
geordie

Post by geordie »

ALL SEEMS BACK TO NORMAL NOW PAGES LOADING OK
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Long Time to Load page

Post by dozer »

I split this topic from the one it was originally attached to because it had nothing to do with that topic.
geordie

Post by geordie »

Sorry ? just glued it on as a problem? It lasted 30 or so hours and i ran all sorts of cleanup programs including a disc defrag before i commented becaus i was convinced that i had picked up a virus it was really annoying half loading pages or just the header and a couple of comments then locking up even a refresh did nothing and it was quicker to open a new page than wait for a comment to upload
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

The other problem which was happening last year had to do when a search was entered with too many terms. It caused the mysql process to go into a loop and any members would get a message something like 'cannot connect to mysql too many connections' or something to that effect and no members could access the forum.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

This morning I am noticing a longer time to load a page, longer than normal and longer than other Thai websites.
It's not fluid, but erratic and stops altogether briefly before continuing. To me it looks like server-overload.
It's not constant, but now and again.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

The host has been looking at this.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

fredlk wrote:This morning I am noticing a longer time to load a page, longer than normal and longer than other Thai websites.
Yes, no, but, maybe .... I'm not so sure anymore.
Most of the websites in Thailand seem to have been slow at certain times this morning. It could be a pre-Songkran rush to say goodbye to friends on Facebook.
erikr69

Post by erikr69 »

same here for the last 2 days on 2 computes and a tablet on 3 different providers. clearly some issues probably with database connection. Are you on a shared host?
erikr69

Post by erikr69 »

seeing the slow loads on all other 3o websites on the ip I would suggest you have a check at either serverload or your database (seeing most of the other sites re made in wordpress etc)
geordie

Post by geordie »

Back on a slowdown again today i wondered if school holidays were anything to do with the slowdown are the schools on holiday over there at the moment
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

geordie wrote:Back on a slowdown again today i wondered if school holidays were anything to do with the slowdown are the schools on holiday over there at the moment
Yes! Happy New year! :D
geordie

Post by geordie »

HUH whats happy internet is at a standstill :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SAWADI bee mai :?: :?: i think i just wished you merry christmas but : what t :evil: he heck