New Server

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

New Server

Post by dozer »

The new server should be active as of now. I just had some final issues with the basic setup but seem to have taken care of them. Can you please look around and see if things are working and let me know?
schuimpge

Re: New Server

Post by schuimpge »

dozer wrote:The new server should be active as of now. I just had some final issues with the basic setup but seem to have taken care of them. Can you please look around and see if things are working and let me know?
Hello Dozer,
Seems to be fully offline now.
I get GoDaddy Domain sales page indicating that coolthaihouse.site is for sale.

I also got a "page not found" errors, but found that my browser tried to get to coolthaihouse.com/forum... www.coolthaihouse.com worked..

Kind regards,
Luc
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Well, tried after my previous post to use the "coolthaihouse home" link. Also not working..
It redirects to www.coolthaihouse.com/index which gives a page-not-found error.

Kind regards,
Luc
Sometimewoodworker

Post by Sometimewoodworker »

schuimpge wrote:Well, tried after my previous post to use the "coolthaihouse home" link. Also not working..
It redirects to http://www.coolthaihouse.com/index which gives a page-not-found error.

Kind regards,
Luc
It would seem that the old server has gone completely and this is the new server.

It would also seem that the current structure is slightly different and that the home page is now thaicoolhouse.com/forum/
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
schuimpge wrote:Well, tried after my previous post to use the "coolthaihouse home" link. Also not working..
It redirects to http://www.coolthaihouse.com/index which gives a page-not-found error.

Kind regards,
Luc
It would seem that the old server has gone completely and this is the new server.

It would also seem that the current structure is slightly different and that the home page is now thaicoolhouse.com/forum/
Hello Jerome,

The opposite.. can't reach the .site page at all.
I'm able to reach the .com page, but some direct links (like .com/index or .com/forum give errors)..
Sometimewoodworker

schuimpge wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:

Kind regards,
Luc

Hello Jerome,

The opposite.. can't reach the .site page at all.
I'm able to reach the .com page, but some direct links (like .com/index or .com/forum give errors)..
It actually is not the opposite.

The site that used to be on the .com URL is dead, it is no more etc like the proverbial parrot :)

The site that was on the .site URL has changed its URL to .com. It is not the same as the old site and is on a different server.
So you can only reach the new(old) site.

Direct links you have from the past may or may not work now, if they don’t work now there is a possibility that they will in the future but I would not hold my breath. You should recreate any links that are important to you
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Sometimewoodworker wrote: It actually is not the opposite.

The site that used to be on the .com URL is dead, it is no more etc like the proverbial parrot :)

The site that was on the .site URL has changed its URL to .com. It is not the same as the old site and is on a different server.
So you can only reach the new(old) site.

Direct links you have from the past may or may not work now, if they don’t work now there is a possibility that they will in the future but I would not hold my breath. You should recreate any links that are important to you
Ah ok.. that makes sense.. will check and delete old links.. so .com is the old new way to go then..lol
Thanks for sorting that out..
Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Hello Jerome,

Ok, just a quick one. The "coolthaihouse home" link does not work. It links to "http://coolthaihouse.com/index.php" which gives a 404 Not Found error.

Kind regards,
Luc
Sometimewoodworker

schuimpge wrote:Hello Jerome,

Ok, just a quick one. The "coolthaihouse home" link does not work. It links to "http://coolthaihouse.com/index.php" which gives a 404 Not Found error.

Kind regards,
Luc
Hi Luc

The thing to do with anything like that is to PM Dozer. He has complete control over links and things related to the structure of the server.

I and the other moderators can only control the contents of what is posted, ban users (usually spammers), delete posts and edit posts.
Editing posts is rare, kicking spammers and deleting the spam is a reasonably frequent task.

FWIW at the moment the only address that works is “http://coolthaihouse.com/forum/
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

http://coolthaihouse.com/index.php will not work, but coolthaihouse.com/index.html should work.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I believe now entering coolthaihouse.com should automatically redirect to the forum, as it did before. My testing is working, please check it out.
Sometimewoodworker

dozer wrote:I believe now entering coolthaihouse.com should automatically redirect to the forum, as it did before. My testing is working, please check it out.
It looks as if you have set a redirect to index.php
So yes it seems to be ok
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Well, yes, login and redirect is now working nicely again.
And the "coolthaihouse home" link works again as well.
Thanks Dozer.
schuimpge

Post by schuimpge »

Hello Dozer,

I noticed that there's a lot of pictures missing?
Is this something that still needs to be migrated?

Kind regards,
Luc

Forgot, but as per advise from Jerome, I'll pm Dozer as well on this..