No Construction Permission Needed

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: No Construction Permission Needed

Postby Rick B » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks in advance for showing us the progress on your new project. It will be very interesting to see how everything comes together. In your second picture of the three posted so far, you list what you paid for the various materials you've already purchased. The prices seem in line with what I've paid here in Suphanburi, except for the 9mm rebar. You indicated you paid 38 baht/10m length. I've never paid less than 100 baht for 9mm, smooth. In fact, I've never even found 6mm smooth rebar for as little as 38 baht! How did you manage to find rebar for that low a price? If I need more rebar, it may be worth my while to drive to where you buy it and still come out cheaper than buying locally.
Rick B

Postby jazzman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Rick,

Steel prices have come down with a bump to almost half. I can only assume that what I got was a recent delivery to the shop at the new prices. In another shop however, that sells pre-bent braces, they wanted 50 baht per kilo against 37 baht in Global in Udon. As Udon is nearly 80 Km away, and as we have some 6 mm wire left over from a previous job, we have decided to bend them ourselves.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby jazzman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

(Update 8 Feb 2009)
When Dozer had the idea of including photo album on the forum, I put my story on it to test the software. Little did we know what a success it would be, and it's great to see that there are now 64 member albums with a total of over 1,300 photos. This is wealth of construction information and shows the many different ways CTH members have accomplished their construction goals. Do remember to visit Dozer's main pages too for even more tips.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby taipool2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:31 am

Wow, it's great to follow your construction progress. The house is absolute beautiful. Have you started with the construction of the pool yet? Will you please post more pictures when you start with the pool. Thanks. You can check out my site for more info on pools.
http://www.swimmingpoolcost.org/
taipool2

Postby jazzman » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 am

Hi taipool, and welcome on board.

My pool is not completely finished as we have other priorities such as constructing a perimeter wall, a new modern building for our rice mill and pig farm, and of course the motel which will be finished by the end of next week.
When the pool is finished without a hitch, I will of course post some photos on the album.
I checked out your site - good information. You might however, like to change the CoolThaiHouse link from this thread which is my personal building story, to my feature article on pool construction here:
http://coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3374#p3374
jazzman

Postby tex » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:45 pm

many thanks for your picture posts on constructing in Thailand..very informative and helpfull
tex

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself