Possible ?

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Possible ?

Postby iammike » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Please look at the picture first. Thanks

Many of us already have seen Column Nr 1 but my question is, is Column 2 (which is a deviation on Column 1) possible in either size NA 4 or NA 5 ? (Sorry don't know the English / Eu / US measurements)

I would prefer size NA 4 but I expect that it's not possible, what do you guys think ?
The Interlocking (on both sides) is the feature I'm after ;)

Please note these columns (If you still may call them that) will NOT have to carry ANY weight. (So Non Load bearing)

Thanks in advance

Sau2.JPG
Sau2.JPG (9.24 KiB) Viewed 401 times
iammike

Possible ?

Postby iammike » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Just an update.

We went and talked to several column makers yesterday, and we can get what we want, but it wasn't easy.

First place we went to, Not possible
Second place, the guy who makes the casts said, easy no problem, but need to talk to sales. Sales said Not possible can't do without even listening to arguments of the cast person. So we left without going into a discussion.
Third place Not possible
Fourth place, He just looked at the drawings and said possible and we got a quote there and then, approx 3xx THB for NA 5 width length 2 meters, but need to wait 2 months for the order to be complete. In both the Top and the bottom piece there will standard 2 holes for the screws to fit, he also said it's not very difficult for them to change their template and we don't even need to pay extra for that.

Ps: when we get the 1st batch, I will report back and also post pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
iammike

Re: Possible ?

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:27 pm

iammike wrote:Just an update.

We went and talked to several column makers yesterday, and we can get what we want, but it wasn't easy.

First place we went to, Not possible
Second place, the guy who makes the casts said, easy no problem, but need to talk to sales. Sales said Not possible can't do without even listening to arguments of the cast person. So we left without going into a discussion.
Third place Not possible
Fourth place, He just looked at the drawings and said possible and we got a quote there and then, approx 3xx THB for NA 5 width length 2 meters, but need to wait 2 months for the order to be complete. In both the Top and the bottom piece there will standard 2 holes for the screws to fit, he also said it's not very difficult for them to change their template and we don't even need to pay extra for that.

Ps: when we get the 1st batch, I will report back and also post pictures.

Good job ... persistence paid of this time :)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Possible ?

Postby iammike » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:19 pm

MGV12 wrote:
Good job ... persistence paid of this time :)

You are completely right, but after talking to the 2nd place, I was ready to give up (throw in the towel) but I have to give all credits to the missus, she persisted and we finally got what we want. However (I am a bit sceptic (I have become)) and will wait till the first batch arrives to see if it is exactly what we want.

I even have tried to track down railway sleepers / ties, but that isn't an alternative it seems, but if when the "custom" column fails, I will go with standard columns but with steel plates attached to them to keep them in place.

Will keep you informed, but might take a while.

iammike

Return to cement, concrete and mortar