Hello All

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello All

Postby petejjj » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:16 am

Hi,
I'm Pete from Australia. My Thai wife & I have recently purchased a typical village teak house on 3 rai in the Sukhothai province. This is in the in-laws village which is up near Uttaradit and Phitsanulok. The house is livable but basic. The future plan is to build a more comfortable abode, but we will make some basic improvements to the existing teak house in the interim. To date we have added an internal wall and additional doors to the teak house, cleared several trees, leveled the land at front of the block, started a 12m x 12m veggie patch, and have nearly completed the construction of a 120m long x 1.9m high concrete boundary fencing.

I'm an engineer with an electrician background and I'm keen to learn and read as much as possible, and hopefully contribute where I can. I'd be keen to find some expats or regular Thailand visitors who live in the same area.

thanks
regards
-Pete
petejjj

Re: Hello All

Postby FordCapri » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi Pete,
I tried this a few years ago, a call-out to any expats living in the Sukhothia area and apart from Ians who's in Phitsanaluk I got nothing....I think we may be the only ones!
I have a place about 40Km east of Uttaradit, 30km north of Sisatchanalai. village called Measin. We have a few acres of orange trees and a building plot waiting for a firmed up design to be agreed or should I say decided upon by the wife.
We are in the UK at present and will be full time from mid to late next year assuming I can get the pension sorted.
Hopefully catch up sometime.
dave
FordCapri

Postby petejjj » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:08 pm

FordCapri wrote:Hi Pete,
I tried this a few years ago, a call-out to any expats living in the Sukhothia area and apart from Ians who's in Phitsanaluk I got nothing....I think we may be the only ones!
I have a place about 40Km east of Uttaradit, 30km north of Sisatchanalai. village called Measin. We have a few acres of orange trees and a building plot waiting for a firmed up design to be agreed or should I say decided upon by the wife.
We are in the UK at present and will be full time from mid to late next year assuming I can get the pension sorted.
dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.
Yes I know where Measin is. That's close to me also. I'd be happy to catch up sometime.
thanks
regards
-Pete
petejjj

Postby faranginkorat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:04 pm

FordCapri wrote:Hi Pete,
dave

Dave, I think you responded to my post on swimming pools, but I am unable to pm a reply on CTH fir some reason.
If you need more info, <Personal contact info deleted as per forum rules . mod>
Regards..
faranginkorat

Postby pipoz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi Pete and welcome.

Hope you enjoyed the State of Origin series result

I am just around the corner over in Udon Thani. My build is under "Udon Thani Happy House"

pipoz
pipoz

Return to Introduce Yourself