Swimmimg Pool Constructionin Isaan

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Swimmimg Pool Constructionin Isaan

Postby jazzman » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Since posting this article in the main forum: http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=645, Jazzman has been bombarded by email and PM from the region.
It is true that there is not exactly a plethora of people knowledgeable about pools and construction in this poorer part of the Kingdom (alliteration intended).

Many of the farangs have settled here because it is decidedly cheaper than suffering the extortionate prices of Pattaya and Phuket, but the pool business still seems to retain its luxury goods price tags. One British pool construction company based in one of those havens with a P for people who feel they have to be within handshaking-over-the-garden-fence distance of the nearest Western resident, has admitted that he has priced himself out of a market which could have boosted his turnover by a million koala dollars if he'd kept his prices cool.

The result is that there are more DIY pool builders now in Isaan than in any other part of the country. It can be done quite easily and the saving could be up to half a pool fiorm's quotation. One also has the satisfaction of having DIY'd the job, the whole thing will be as solid as a brick privvy and local service and guarantee scores 10/10.

A group of expat DIY pool builders in and around Udon (but nowhere in Isaan is too far to join in the fun :D ) has now formed a buyer's collective to cut out ALL the middlemen. Up here we'll do anything to save a bob or two (British expression 8) )

There is also a vertiable pool
(pun intended) of free expert knowledge available by sending an email to : <advertising removed - mod> - they are British consultants based in Isaan.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: Swimmimg Pool Constructionin Isaan

Postby latis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 am

I am weighing up options for building a pool at my house in Baan Kham Khom, Sirindhorn Dam, Ubon and would like to contact the pool of DIY pool builders in an around Ubon before I splash out on the project.
latis

Postby jazzman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 am

Sorry, but as far as I know, that project no longer exists.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby sjeng » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 am

latis wrote:I am weighing up options for building a pool at my house in Baan Kham Khom, Sirindhorn Dam, Ubon and would like to contact the pool of DIY pool builders in an around Ubon before I splash out on the project.

Latis, there are a lot of diy pools build, i did build my pool 10 x 5 m last year. one thing is for sure you save about 50 % on the costs.
there is a lot of info on the swimmingpool forum.
if any questions feel free to ask on the board or in a pm.

regards sjeng
sjeng

Return to Isaan provinces