Welcome to the Isaan Forum

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Welcome to the Isaan Forum

Postby jazzman » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:37 pm

Welcome to the Isaan Forum. You can create threads and topics of anything here which is only of interest to those of us who live in Isaan (see the list of our provinces). But of course anything that is of general interest, let's continue to post it in the specific topics.

There is a surprisingly large number of Western people up here who are actively engaged in constructing houses and/or swimming pools, or who are still professionally active and some of our main problems up here in the Northeast are finding suppliers (particularly of imported items) and labour, suitable schools for our kids, and even sometimes suitable cheese, wurst, and wine for our stomachs.

Looking forward to some lively content from y'all in those places with the wierd sounding names like Kalasin, Korat, Khon Kaen, Kranuan, Nong Khai - the gateway to Laos, Nakhon Sakon where dog meat is a delicacy, Mukdahan with the brand new bridge over the Mekong, Sri Chiang Mai,Pon Pisai, the beautiful hills of Loei, that special almost Khmer corner of Si Saket, Surin and Buriram, and last but of course not least, our Pattaya of the Northeast: the farang Hochburg of Udon Thani 8)
    Hier sind auch Diskussionsbeitrage auf deutsch aeusserst erwuenscht.
    On attend aussi avec impatience des contributions en langue française.
jazzman

Postby dave » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Sawadeekrap jazzman. Your picture looks so much like my building site I thought it was. Even the cement mixer. But I stopped the project when I resurned to US for work and family. The razon for the house was to have something to do so there is no hurry. I believe it will be as livable as the thai houses in the muu baan after next trip( working toilet and shower)
Intersting that you mention buriram, my new second; or first home; as being almost khmer cause its a big problem for me after two years of learning thai to live where everyone uses a khmer dialect, inc gf. I intend to post a KHMER MAI PHUUT at my door. Anyway, I look forward to crossing posts with you and others on this forum . I am a plumber by trade with a degree in English so we should have some thing to talk about......oh I also build houses in US and know quite well 80% means half;;;chook dee
dave

Postby jazzman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Nice to have you on board Dave, let us know when you are back in Isaan.
jazzman

Re: Welcome to the Isaan Forum

Postby jazzman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:14 pm

The off topic posts have been deleted and the thread has been locked.
Reason
jazzman

Return to Isaan provinces