Time and Materials Builder in Khon Kaen?

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Time and Materials Builder in Khon Kaen?

Postby PeteM3 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:28 am

Hi all, I am looking for a recommendation for a builder who will work on a time and materials basis. Hopefully he will have his own squad of workers who will work on an agreed dayrate. The project is a 4 bed, 4 bathroom 2 story house with swimming pool. The area is Khon Kaen, Amphur Phon. Any recommendations appreciated, want the build to start September. I am also looking for a good architect and engineer to detail and amend some plans I have. Thanks, Pete
PeteM3

Re: Time and Materials Builder in Khon Kaen?

Postby Tanlic » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Can do guys ready and waiting..pm me....manage whole job myself
Tanlic

Postby Tanlic » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:04 pm

If you send me your email then you can send your drawings and I will have my engineer advise you FOC
Tanlic

Postby Andyfteeze » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:51 am

Are your plans engineering drawings or just your sketches? Proper engineering drawings makes it easy to compare prices. No drawings means its a guess.

In my current job, eveything is quoted as a price per square meter. Quoting on an hourly rate is asking for trouble. There is no incentive to move the project. One day jobs become one week jobs. A builder will move the job quickly only if has the incentive to make money.
The builder does it to make MONEY. He is not interested in your or your house. You will be long forgotten when he moves to the next job.
Beware any builder who turns up to quote wearing lots of bling or fancy car. :lol:
Andyfteeze

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:45 am

PeteM3 wrote:The area is Khon Kaen, Amphur Phon. Any recommendations appreciated, want the build to start September. I am also looking for a good architect and engineer to detail and amend some plans I have. Thanks, Pete

Pete,
Why don't you take the plans to the Or Bor Tor or Teseban engineer, that's what he's there for. He'll be able to give you the name of a decent builder and he's the approving authority for the plans anyway. I spent many hours with both the Teseban and Or Bor Tor engineers. My plans were fine as they were done by a draftsman using his CAD program, the problem was the signatures that certified the building would withstand the elements. He will also point you in the right direction as far as architects and engineers that are required. In fact it has been known for him to redraw the plans himself for a small fee.
There are two levels of engineers in Thailand, make sure you have the one who actually went to a proper university and didn't do it by correspondence or is not certified for large structures.
Good luck
Roger Ramjet

Return to Isaan provinces