Cranes and Crane Trucks

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Cranes and Crane Trucks

Postby pipoz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi does anyone have some contact links, web addresses or phone numbers for the hire of equipment in the Udon Thani area, say on the south side or east side, anywhere close to Ban Chan general area

1 Crane Truck or Hiab Loader with 5m long tray
2 Mobile Crane say 10 - 25 Ton Rough Terrain or Franna Mobile
3.Excavator say 30 Ton

Appreciate any assistance

pipoz
pipoz

Re: Cranes and Crane Trucks

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Get someone Thai to negotiate for you but usually al these items can be found with a Drive around the area although some of the bigger companies do have web pages 30 ton is a very big digger 20 ton is the more common size as it,s easier to transport requiring a rigid truck rather than a low loader
You will come across shear ignorance in some cases I drove into a yard that actually repairs cranes and fits Hiab arms to trucks
the area is Lam Luka they had roughly twelve vehicles there cranes and Hiabs four brand new trucks were in the process of having brand new arms fitted on finding out they did not hire I then got the interpreter to ask do you have a number for a company that hires cranes out the answer suprisingly was NO so I assume that as usual there was no profit for them helping me so no help given the second experience was even more proof as you leave highway 9 at lam luca there is a large hire shop for building equipment that was the next port of call having regularly seen 3-4 mobile cranes parked in there on the way home they were certain to be able to help the answer again was no they did not hire cranes there a guy used to park cranes there but not now and no have number no have contact details :shock: :shock: :shock: I have been here two years almost and still get shocked (angry) at how selfish they can be
As a guide on the digger I have been quoted 7000-11000 for a 20 ton kobelko
A crane as you describe was 10,000 for a day
Both were distance dependant the further they travel the more you pay but you can also find huge price differences In two yards a couple of killometers apart especially if its a Farrang doing the asking or even sitting in the car
Face to face pricing is also better than a phone call for some reason ??
And a driver cost me 2500 for 3 hours with hiab truck having already received payment from company for delivery I was charged for placing Pan peun on the first floor beams when I took this up with the company the vowed they would not use him again he should not have charged surprise surprise more bullshit he is still to be seen delivering for them I pass their yard regularly
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby pipoz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks Geordie for the reply and rates advice

pipoz
pipoz

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:12 pm

The rates are applicable to borderline Bkk merely trying to show that there can be a vast difference between suppliers in the same area
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Return to Isaan provinces