Need Construction engineer and builder ubon (khongchiem)

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Need Construction engineer and builder ubon (khongchiem)

Postby Bigdaz78 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi there people,

I need some help, I have had a house built in a very small village called Ban Sasom near khongchiem, I have put the build on hold as I was not happy with the finish as I was using local builders, recently I have noticed 2 cracks in the bathroom exterior walls and I am concerned that the house may have sunk slightly, as what they always do in Thailand raise the floor dramatically for the foundations and as the bathroom is around 3 meters from the edge of my land and is around 1 meter higher than the surrounding land this may be the fault.

Could anyone point me in the right direction, for someone to confirm my worries, how to fix the problem and also give me details of respected builders in the Ubon area to fix and finish my house, I will be very accommodating and will fit the bill for traveling if required.

In advance, your help will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Bigdaz78
Bigdaz78

Re: Need Construction engineer and builder ubon (khongchiem)

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Bigdaz,
Why don't you slip around to your local Tesaban or Or Bor Tor engineering department and ask their engineer to come and have a look. Most of the time they are more than willing to get out of their office.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Bigdaz78 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Mate I've lived in Thailand for 8 years and I've never known of these people or departments and I know most of the people in my local council office of sorts, where are they likely to be located?
Bigdaz78

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Bigdaz,
If you go to the district office and ask for the engineering department they'll probably point to a small desk in the middle of nowhere. That'll be the bloke to talk to.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Bigdaz78 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Cheers mate, are you from the Ubon area? Also do you know of a respected construction company in this area?

Cheers for your help.
Bigdaz78

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:45 am

Bigdaz,
I have been to Ubon Ratchathani many times because of its proximity to two other countries borders.
I know no respected construction companies in Thailand, let alone in Ubon Ratchathani. If you talk to the engineering department they might recommend someone, or know someone capable of doing the job. Failing that, you could also talk to the officers at the air force base.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Makmak456 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Did you get any answers ????
Makmak456

Postby latis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:58 am

Did you get sorted with the local engineer?

I am in the process of building a house in Ubon at Sirindhorn Dam and it has been a 3 year journey so far. The end is nearly in sight.
latis

Postby MGV12 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 am

latis wrote:Did you get sorted with the local engineer?

I am in the process of building a house in Ubon at Sirindhorn Dam and it has been a 3 year journey so far. The end is nearly in sight.

Be good to see some pics latis as your house sounds very interesting ... and if you get time maybe a little about your build story

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby latis » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 pm

You can view pics of the roundhouse build at my website <Link removed>

<When you get a chance could you post some pics directly on here as forum rules do not allow links to commercial sites ... thanks ... Mod>
latis

Return to Isaan provinces