Khon Kaen builders

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Khon Kaen builders

Postby jonboy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:05 am

Can anyone recommend any decent builders in the Khon Kaen area.
Will be building a single storey 3 bedroom already have all the plans.
jonboy

Re: Khon Kaen builders

Postby jazzman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 am

Hi JonBoy, welcome to CTH Isaan. <slight edit - moderator>
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby fredlk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 am

If you take a look at http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2142&start=0 among others you will read about a build in Khon Kaen.
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 am

Here is a web site that covers Khon Kaen.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/house-land.html

They have a list of contractors in the area that members have used and recommend.

Do keep in mind this is the internet so caveat emptor "Buyer Beware" when it comes to to the recommendations. A reason CTH doesn’t encourage it I’m sure.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 am

BKKBILL wrote:Do keep in mind this is the internet so caveat emptor "Buyer Beware" when it comes to to the recommendations.

Quite right too. Some of the members on that website you referred to have received a very bad press (understatement) in the past on various Thai building websites.
I would only go on personal recommendations and include meetings with the prospective builder to see if you can get on with him and trust him and also see a few of his previous builds and talk to the owners to see if they're happy .... or otherwise.
fredlk

Postby tothemark » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi Jon Boy,

I was in a similar position to yourself, plans available, 3 bedroom single storey, starting in one week.

Dont rely just on Khon Kaen builders, as you will find that with most building companies distances dont deter them due to their staff living on site.

I am using an Udon company to build in Pak Khat.

Definitely go on recommendation and visit the house/s that have been built by the prospective builder and ask the owner what challenges they faced !

Although you have the plans you really need to drill down the Bill of Quantities and check the specifications of the materials/fittings and ensure that the plans have specified good quality fittings. Its no different to any other country I had the same problem in the UK.

Bank on between 8000-10,000bht per sq m for living space and less than half that circa 3000-5000bht for outdoor/patio/terrace/thai kitchen space.

Good luck.

Mark
tothemark

Postby 24YES » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:53 pm

<moderator edit ... duplicate post ... combined to below link:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2709&p=26942#p26942
24YES

Return to Isaan provinces