Need to build a mediterranean structure type house.

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Need to build a mediterranean structure type house.

Postby Zvereva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:35 pm

I am looking into building a house in or near Sakon Nakhon and want to build a concrete house with reinforced concrete foundations and columns and cinder block walls. All architectural/engineering work I can do but do not mind being done by the proper local companies, the question is: is there a contractor who can do the job? If you know of one or can recommend a contractor, please reply with details.

I have seen houses under construction in Pattaya in luxury compounds and it is just a joke. You wouldn't be allowed to build a dog house like that anywhere else. 5 or 10 cm foundation slab without any underground foundation works whatsoever, just lay it on ground, 10x10cm columns with 2 toothpick like already rusted (untreated) steel threads (cannot say bars), etc. When finished all the columns are covered in gypsum to make them look as if they were 30 cm thick, etc, etc...

Natty.
Zvereva

Re: Need to build a mediterranean structure type house.

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Zvereva,
If you have the program to do the plans, why not run the whole thing through your computer and then take it to the engineers at the local Or Bor Tor or Tesaban. They will be able to give you all the specs for piles and foundations after they see the size of your house.
Roger Ramjet

Re: Need to build a mediterranean structure type house.

Postby Zvereva » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks Roger, but the problem of a suitable contractor remains.
Zvereva

Return to Isaan provinces