Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Postby geordie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:44 pm

i bought three wheelbarows solid wheels one of which actually lasted five weeks it took a week for the labour to get used to using a barrow they could not put more than two buckets of concrete in a barrow and push it they could not acurately hit a 10 inch wide board to cross a trench when they tipped out the barrow it inevitably ended up in the trench with the concrete as a source of amusment they were the best investment i made as a working tool they gve the welder extra work but saved very little time and the quality of the manufacture was totally crap the cost was not far short of uk prices at 750 bht oposed to £20 or 1000bht uk inflated tyres would merely add to the prolem the labour would hapily walk past three empty barrows carrying a scoop of sand or a bag of cement or blocks but the neighbours made good use of them removing the surplus fill from the property to their houses
would i buy them again???
yes even given the poor quality the misuse was comical comparible to watching a circus clown act :) :) :) :)
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Postby Rick B » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm very surprised your laborers had problems with the single, solid-wheel wheelbarrows. My builder, as well as every builder I've ever seen in this area, as well as inside Bangkok, uses these wheelbarrows quite successfully. I talked to my builder about what you said and he could also not understand how a Thai worker couldn't use a wheelbarrow properly. Also, my builder had four or five wheelbarrows that he used throughout the entire build. None ever broke down. He especially used them to move cement from the mixer to the place where it was poured. Perhaps the hardened cement on each wheelbarrow (that they couldn't clean off at night) helped to strengthen it, so it lasted a lot longer than those you purchased. If the wheelbarrow was particularly heavy, they would have one worker pushing it and one additional worker pulling it, using a bent piece of rebar that grabbed just in front of the single wheel. Sorry you had such a bad experience. But I don't think your experience is the norm in Thailand.
Rick B
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Sam Chuk, Suphanburi

Re: Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Postby jazzman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Rick B wrote:...But I don't think your experience is the norm in Thailand.

I can confirm Geordy's experience to the letter. Here in Isaan, one could believe that the wheel was invented only last year. Wait, I'll correct that statement: - imported by farangs :mrgreen:
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Thailand

Re: Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Postby Buriram Builders » Sun May 17, 2015 5:58 pm

There are at least two brands of wheelbarrows sold all over Isaan, including Buriram Province, that have a single inflatable front tire. Marton Jumbo red wheelbarrow is sold for under 1600 baht in Buriram and comes with a six month warranty from some dealers. I've seen a similar wheel barrow made by a different company with Pneumatic air tires at the Surin Thai Watsadu for about 2400 baht.
Attachments
Buriram Wheel Barrow Jumbo Concrete Tipper inflatable tire.jpg
Buriram Builders
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Buriram Builders wrote:I've seen a similar wheel barrow made by a different company with Pneumatic air tires at the Surin Thai Watsadu for about 2400 baht.

And that's about what I paid for mine at Thai Watsadu Bang Bua Thong. I road tested both the one the lady is holding and the one I'll post photos of later when I get a new cardreader (for my camera) and chose the more expensive one. 1. It would fit in the back of my Suzuki Swift. 2. It was made of a lot lighter guage metal and the old bloke who was going to use it needed all the help he could get moving 40 cubic metress of soil/sand and 5 cubic metres of top soil. 3. The tyre had near smooth tread that wouldn't leave marks all over the garden area wherever it went. 4. It came with a 12 month warranty. 5. My wife even likes it and uses it to cart her fancy boarder bricks around in. 6. If something goes wrong with it I can weld or repair the main body and carry handles. 7. I didn't ask the price of either ones I looked at, I looked at my reasons above and then bought it. Price was not a consideration. So far, its had a large amount of use by my wife and the old bloke and neither have said a word against it.
I might add that both have the same plastic rim wheel supplier, the difference is in tread and weight of said wheelbarrow. In the old days I would have gone for the wooden handled heavy guage steel one, but as I can't be the "engine" anymore I went for the lighter one. I know, I know, I'm a softy. :lol: :lol:
I'll post photos when I get the new card reader.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Wheelbarrow with Inflatable Tyres

Postby MGV12 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Buriram Builders wrote:I've seen a similar wheel barrow made by a different company with Pneumatic air tires at the Surin Thai Watsadu for about 2400 baht.

And that's about what I paid for mine at Thai Watsadu Bang Bua Thong. I road tested both the one the lady is holding and the one I'll post photos of later when I get a new cardreader (for my camera) and chose the more expensive one. 1. It would fit in the back of my Suzuki Swift. 2. It was made of a lot lighter guage metal and the old bloke who was going to use it needed all the help he could get moving 40 cubic metress of soil/sand and 5 cubic metres of top soil. 3. The tyre had near smooth tread that wouldn't leave marks all over the garden area wherever it went. 4. It came with a 12 month warranty. 5. My wife even likes it and uses it to cart her fancy boarder bricks around in. 6. If something goes wrong with it I can weld or repair the main body and carry handles. 7. I didn't ask the price of either ones I looked at, I looked at my reasons above and then bought it. Price was not a consideration. So far, its had a large amount of use by my wife and the old bloke and neither have said a word against it.
I might add that both have the same plastic rim wheel supplier, the difference is in tread and weight of said wheelbarrow. In the old days I would have gone for the wooden handled heavy guage steel one, but as I can't be the "engine" anymore I went for the lighter one. I know, I know, I'm a softy. :lol: :lol:
I'll post photos when I get the new card reader.


'Horses for courses' RR .. if it does your job it does the job. I recall a debate some time ago [on another thread with a member who no longer posts] where he suggested that if you couldn't fill it to the brim with concrete ... and manoeuvre it under full control along a narrow plank suspended way above the ground ... it didn't deserve to be called a wheelbarrow. My do-most-things-but-not-that pretender is still doing all I ask of it after four+ years ... which includes moving a lot of said concrete 'muck' about. "It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it" ... I would cue the song but it was a crap song :lol:

Pneubarrow.JPG


The tyres might have still been OE if it had been kept under cover [don't ask!] but the sun does take its toll [as with other vehicles] on pneumatic tyres. It proved impossible here in CM to buy replacement tyres ... "you have to buy the tyre/wheel/bearing complete" TIT! A word of caution to anyone buying those with pneumatic tyres - best price was 600฿ a piece. Buy one with pneumatic tyres plus a can of 'expanding sealant foam' [if you can adapt the interface] might result in the best of both worlds. So why aren't these fitted OE .... go figure!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai


Return to Isaan provinces

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest