More land Ahoy

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: More land Ahoy

Postby Nawty » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Couple pics from last week.....the river has only just started to flow strong again, even though it did not stop flowing with this extended drought, it slowed a lot....now she has cleaned out the river and flowing nicely again.

And some garden pics...

IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg
IMG_9242.jpg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 997 times
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby harry+ratchanee » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi Nawty

Very beautiful place and looks great in such a sort time.
Very lucky with your own river-pool, I want one LOL

My Mrs. loves the stone work. All comes from the river?
What sort of price you pay for truck load ?

House looks nice and " cool "

Harry and Ratchanee
harry+ratchanee

Postby Nawty » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 am

Hi H&R.....yes the bungalow is very cool, you notice the difference big time just walking in from outside, all the stone, the overhangs to protect from the sun, the air circulating underneath and organic roof keep it just nice.

All the stones we collected from the river, so no pay, other than workers to collect them, but i collected a lot myself as i picked the nice ones.

If you buy a truckload, i think it is about 2000b, but you get what you get and certainly there will be a lot of rough stuff in there.

We were very lucky witht he river/pool, it is lovely to jump in there and cool off after doing some work, or just play with the kids.

Cheers.
Nawty

Postby pattayapope » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Very impressive weekend home, I like Nakorn Nayok I was up that way the other week buying wholesale plants for the borders in my new place. I have some land up in Kanchanaburi were I would like to build a weekend retreat but to get a good view of the mountains I would have to go to a second story. Not sure if or when I would make a start. A couple of years ago I was staying at the Sida resort and after a big downpour the river running through the resort turned into a rageing river and I though it would take some parts of the resort away, hope you have allowed for that eventuality.
pattayapope

Postby Nawty » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 pm

We had a big flood last year....as it turns out this was the biggest the locals had seen and the flow of the river on the banks in front of the bungalow were nothing, we had just days before planted a lot of new plants in it and they were not washed away, so no turbulant water in that area and if the river flooded higher and got to the bungalow, it is half a meter above the ground and the flood waters would spread out across the entire area behind us before it reach the height of the bungalow.

Combine that with the catchment area between us and the mountains is very short, so basically it rises quick and goes away quick.

I think we are safe.
Nawty

Postby pattayapope » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 am

Nawty

Any problems with all the rain in your area? Hope no damage done to your property. My place in Huay Yai is very wet but slightly higher than the road so the pond is over flowing via the drainange system quite nicely and keeping the level 10 inch from the top, in previous years it flooded out.
pattayapope

Postby Nawty » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:01 pm

The river has been up for 4 days.....but no damage to the main farm and house area as it is up quite high.

Expecting the river bank to be washed away somewhat and damage control when it dries out but...
Nawty

Previous

Return to Isaan provinces