Land ahoy

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Land ahoy

Postby Nawty » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:33 am

Just bought a block of land in this location....8 rai

SANY0063.jpg

It is near Pak Chong and pretty much located where the circle is on the pic, inbetween mountains in a nice valley, wet season creek on boundary and all year river 500 meters away.

Kaoh Yai national park entrance gate also about 500 meters away.

Very cold little valley according to the locals.

I have designed a house for it already....spectacular and will/may start building end of next year, see how things go.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Re: Land ahoy

Postby thaifly » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:01 pm

gidday to the lovable nawty ..its the thaifly from mae rim....at first glance ..... i was horrorfied......i thought you were coming to mae rim ....and then releived it was some where else... THE LAND YOU HAVE BOUGHT.... ARE THE TITLE DEEDS CHANNOTE OR TOILET PAPER.....its a PHEW GIDDAY TO ALL ITS THE THAIFLY FROM MAE RIM
thaifly

Postby Nawty » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:44 pm

you're supposed to get title deed papers ??
Nawty

Postby jazzman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:02 pm

If you're going to be using granite or sandstone, you'll save a fortune, that's exactly where all the quarries and stone masonries are. My favourite one is in the village behind the prison - hey, that's kinda convenient too if you have problems with your workers, save you a lot in legal fees :lol:
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby thaifly » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Nawty wrote:you're supposed to get title deed papers ??
gidday to lovable nawty....WHO GIVES A STUFF.... its a super gidday to all its the thaifly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby Nawty » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:41 am

jazzman wrote:If you're going to be using granite or sandstone, you'll save a fortune, that's exactly where all the quarries and stone masonries are. My favourite one is in the village behind the prison - hey, that's kinda convenient too if you have problems with your workers, save you a lot in legal fees :lol:

Where is the prison...pak chong or Korat ??

Been to many stone shops already and some nice stones, particulalry sandstones available.

There is a really nice grey limestone I like.
Nawty

Postby jazzman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Somewhere between Pak Chong and Si Khiu (going in the direction of Korat) on the left is the entrance to the prison take the small road to the left of the entrance. Continue all the way to the village with the railway station. Go over the railway lines, follow the main road (turns sharp left) and continue. The prison farm extends for several km on your right. When that finishes, there are several villages with large stone works.

If in doubt, ask at any of the hundreds of roadside stone shops on the main drag Pak Chong - Korat, but don't buy from them, buy from the stone works.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Nawty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:32 pm

couple more pics of the block we bought recently.

These taken just few days ago during nice stormy weather.

Will be nice waking to the clouds in the valley and cold bitterly frosty mornings.....ok not so bitter and frosty...slightly chilled air...
Attachments
IMG_8112.jpg
IMG_8087a.jpg
Nawty

Postby Nawty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:34 pm

These knock down knock em up houses are available on the roadside near Pak Chong also.

Dont know prices, probably exy on the highway, usually are.
Attachments
IMG_8078.jpg
Nawty

Postby chiangmaiexpat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:23 am

8 rai is way too small. While you might be able to squeeze the servant wing on it, but there would hardly be any space left for the stables, not to mention a decent baroque garden with a 20m fountain. :D The property would be easier to defend if it was located on top of the hill rather than in the valley. There's talk about Barbarian tribes roaming the area.

Cheers, CMX
chiangmaiexpat

Postby Nawty » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Already seen the barbarians....some of em are kinda cute, not sure how much defending I would need.
Nawty

Postby Nawty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:41 am

Crikey.....only took 3 years......tad over the 3 months first assured......but finally got our Chanote title last week......noice
Nawty

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:05 pm

But how are you making out with the barbarians :wink:

Three years is a long old time Naughty was the delay lack of pushing on your part or do the wheels grind slowly there
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Nawty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Bit of both I think.....there are a lot of requests around here for land titles and upgrades....we are in that hotly disputed area where all the resorts and such of recent in the papers have made news for illegal land possessions.

But....we went to the head office in Korat last week, asked them, they told missus to contact the local land office as they are the ones dealing with it....this is after the local office told her to contact Korat to chase it up as it was with the boss.

So as she was leaving, they told her to try the office where they actually write up all the titles on the paper bits....so we went there....they told her that we were in the cue and we were lucky as that meant it would happen soon....she met others in there that have been waiting 9 years and more for title upgrades.....so we left, nawt to do but wait.

A couple of days ago she went into the local land office here.....they told her it had been sitting here waiting since June.....go figure.

The barbarians are doing fine.....some moreso than others.
Nawty

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:39 pm

I think there is a posibility that nine years would be a tad too long for more than a few of us
certainly it would be my wife got the chanote :) even if i was allowed it
How about some updates on the homstead and how it standing up to the ravages of time
Have you done any more with the pond River pool)
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Next

Return to Isaan provinces