PVC Windows and Doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:15 pm

oil wrote:
pattayapope wrote:
oil wrote:is there some overview of comparing prices with the known uPVC Double Glass window manufacturers here in thailand.
i have a pricelist from http://dekuthailand.com/ from last year and French Style 1500 x 1200 Casement Windows goes by the price of 17.000 Baht per piece which is quite a shocker to me.

To my knowledge only Windsor have branches all over Thailand, I have used DEKU and Windsor on my build and both gave good service and resonabale quality but I dont have any double glazed windows ( which are a big price adder). There are quite a few companies making double glazed windows now, if they are using local or Chinese made profiles they will all be about the same price, but if they use German imported profiles it will be 50% or more than those using regionally sourced materials. If you Google the companies you can get a quote and compare prices.

Good luck in sourcing a lower price :D

can you point me into some direction from where to get Local / Thai or Chinese made decent quality windows, i really dont need the profiles to be imported from Germany, however double glass windows i would prefer to have a lot.

cause of
So i think the difference between double glass window and single is rather super huge and crucial

The pictures you show don't really apply in Thailand. The temperature difference is usually much lower the highest air temperature is about 38 degrees C and for me the lowest AC temperature would be 25 degrees C so only 13 degrees C difference.

I have been talking to my local village window company and they can arrange for double glazing to be made using any glass I want.

However most important is why you want double glazing. If it's just to keep cold air in then it could be a reasonable choice, but if you want to reduce heat gain through the windows then it is much more important to use low e glass. Of course if you want to do both then you will need to get double glazing units made with low e glass.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby oil » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm

thx that would be that one
http://www.europvcwindows.com/
oil

Postby gliffaes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 pm

I used some WELLINGTON brand single pane upvc from GLOBAL HOUSE in my build and they have been great, no yellowing yet, and two point locking system, 4000 baht each fitted myself when building, no leaks no noise nothing size about 4 feet by 3 feet
Attachments
windows (2).jpg
windows (1).jpg
gliffaes

Postby kmanonmaui » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am

Hello,

I see this topic is a bit old, so wanted to see if there was any updated information anyone could please provide. I am looking for PVC double pane Windows (and maybe doors) and understand from another farang who recently built his house in the Udon are that he ordered them from Bangkok as he was unable to find anything of good quality in Udon. Unfortunately, he recently passed away (you may have known him, Sean Leaver) and his wife doesn't have the paper work indicating which supplier he used.

So, anyone know of a quality supplier of these in Bangkok, and perhaps a website if you have it. Would be greatly appreciated. Price not an object over quality.

Thanks,
-k-
kmanonmaui

Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:34 am

The start of the installation of our windows is http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4890&start=225 here. The company name is in the back of the shirts they are wearing.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby kmanonmaui » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:40 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:The start of the installation of our windows is http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4890&start=225 here. The company name is in the back of the shirts they are wearing.

Many thanks Jerome! Just realized you are the one and same person that provided me with such great help in finding an architect. Hope all is well with you and Nui and would love to see how your place turned out!

[updated: wow, nice pic's. You did a great job on your place. Say, sorry but I can't seem to find the pic where they are installing windows or the name on any shirts...maybe I'm missing something]

Sorry, see it now "Prime Asia Windows and Doors". Based in Bangkok?

Best,
Kumar
kmanonmaui

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:01 am

kmanonmaui wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:The start of the installation of our windows is http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4890&start=225 here. The company name is in the back of the shirts they are wearing.

Many thanks Jerome! Just realized you are the one and same person that provided me with such great help in finding an architect. Hope all is well with you and Nui and would love to see how your place turned out!

[updated: wow, nice pic's. You did a great job on your place. Say, sorry but I can't seem to find the pic where they are installing windows or the name on any shirts...maybe I'm missing something]

Sorry, see it now "Prime Asia Windows and Doors". Based in Bangkok?

Best,
Kumar

Yes and you will be welcome to visit in late July August when we are back in Thailand
Contact mailto:sales3@prime-asia.co.th
Sometimewoodworker

Postby oil » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:19 am

I bought mine @ http://www.thaiconch.com/ (website seems to be hacked right now... but pics are still there :D) they offer uPVC profiles from Chinese Conch or German Veka ... and they built up the window to your needs.

i had custom made 5 mm galss / 10 cm Argon / 5 mm glass, double glazed windows

From my Quote..
A Double Casement Door 180x210 did cost round about 24.000 THB, the insect screen thou, is very prizy but totally awesome... all friends which visit are baffled by the super cool insect screen however that only 1 insect screen is around 17.000 THB
LOl like almost the price of the complete door. ... Anyhow... i am sure you can get a much cheaper less cooler version of the insect screen.

Our Double Casement, Double Glazed Windows are 120x110 where 8600 THB each

Overall i am very satisfied with how they perform, when we had the A/C running thye coolness stays in the room for almost the full day, which is really nice...
As for the processing to get the windows properly installed.... that was a not so pleasant story...
the Window Builder came ones for measuring... since they are all custom made...
then when the windows got delivered... all the Doors where 7 cm to high.... ... funny thing is that they measure right... but then somehow in the process they added 7 cm and produced it that way.. So naturally they didnt fit in my holes. So at a few windows they made the holes bigger, and at one they had to make the window smaller again cause they came to touch steel. Funny for me... that nobody could explain the 7 cm add on... they just said they always do that... but it just didnt make any sense.

The fine tune settings took also a while... so that a window is really sealed and no gap when you close it that took them like 3 more visits. it seems only one guy at the company is able to set the windows properly, the owner said good people are hard to get... i believe that one :D

So there are a few minor parts which i still dont like too much.. like that the insect screens guiding tracks are pretty fucked now after one year usuage... So if i had to do again...
i would by the windows there again, they are exceptionally well... however the insect screens are very expensive but the quality of those doesnt reflect the price you are paying.

After all the money is paid the customer support is literally none existant... and you have to call there over and over and over again...
Neverthelss the lady owner there really does understand what needs to be done to keep the customers happy.
oil

Postby kmanonmaui » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks all so much!
kmanonmaui

Postby oil » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:55 pm

i meant to say... with our windows... and the 15 cm Qcon Walls, the coolness stays always the full day in the room
AFTER the A/C is turned off...
saying that if the sun would penetrate into the windows directly it would def. warm up...
also one other thing i havent figured out for the whys isss...

Even the temperature stays cool for very long time, the humidty raises fairly fast within that same room
and there is no wet stuff which would support that... hence i am wondering from where that would be coming
oil

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:53 pm

For the IGU's ours are Laminate Clear 4mm + 1.52PVB + LowE Clear 4mm + Ars8 + Clear5mm
Clear as they seldom have direct sun (FWIW there is a noticeable difference between the inside and outside panes) 1.52mm PVB for protection from break ins, 8 mm argon as that was the biggest gap available, 5mm clear on the inside so as to reduce sound transmission.

The sound reduction is significant as the recent village festival demonstrated, loud outside but barely audible inside with the windows closed.

Also the follow up service is good though not necessarily fast.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby AJBangkok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:13 am

I used Prime Asia for my build in Hua Hin. I'm very happy with the quality and service and price. Depending on they type of windows and doors the price will be different, my house had a multitude of different types installed and it worked out my average price was just over 10,000 per square meter. My project manager said they were the most professional contractor he worked with. The post installation service has been excellent and they recently contacted me to see if they could make a video of some of the windows they installed as they were imported from the USA and they want to market them Thailand.
AJBangkok

Postby oil » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

if i would have known about prime asia at the time of my built i would def. had to ask them for a quote as well, the companies first impression is very proffessional
@AJBangkok can you give us a sample pricing of one of your Glass Doors and Windows from Prime Asia
oil

Postby sirineou » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 pm

We should start building This fall and will start a tread as we get closer, but I was reading this thread and have the flowing question concerning windows.
I have the plans for the house it is a traditional design and it calls for wood windows which I like the look but I am sure are not energy eficient
this is a picture of them from the inside from some one who was already build this home. :
Not in Thailand right now to go places and research this , but what if any options that would preserve to look but is more energy efficient and any other thoughts.
Attachments
window.PNG
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby oil » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:07 pm

well its really up to you.. a friend of mine has no trouble with the heat here.. if some wind is always blowing in your are you windows might do just fine..
however for me.. those windows would be unthinkable of... so if you consider running ever A/C there is literally no difference if you have those windws or the doors open.
however if you dont need A/C they will be just fine..

btw, you can have uPVC in all sorts of colors
oil

PreviousNext

Return to windows and doors