Problems/SQL Errors/Photo Upload Problems

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

geordie

Problems/SQL Errors/Photo Upload Problems

Post by geordie »

<Split from a topic new forum software upgrade which is about a forum upgrade back in October of 2011, nothing to do with the recent problems. If you have any problem feel free to just start a new thread>

I got downgraded today :? could not access the forum for most of the day :? it would not even attempt to connect or came up with sql error too many users ? the net or the forum ?
I log on using google .UK wondered if that had any bearing
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
MGV12

Re: new forum software upgrade

Post by MGV12 »

geordie wrote:I got downgraded today :? could not access the forum for most of the day :? it would not even attempt to connect or came up with sql error too many users ? the net or the forum ?
I think we all had similar problems ... Dozer was aware and all appears to be back as it should be now. Let us know if not.

FUTAB..........
sirineou

Post by sirineou »

MGV12 wrote:
geordie wrote:I got downgraded today :? could not access the forum for most of the day :? it would not even attempt to connect or came up with sql error too many users ? the net or the forum ?
I think we all had similar problems ... Dozer was aware and all appears to be back as it should be now. Let us know if not.
Same here Dozer, had a few problems, everything seems to be back to normal again
Thanks for this forum.
Good :) job
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

sirineou wrote:had a few problems, everything seems to be back to normal again
Far from it. Many problems this morning and it's completely impossible to upload photos. First they're invalid, then the size is inderteminate and then the board attachment quota has been reached.
I somehow think it's lying. :lol:
geordie

Post by geordie »

its doing ok for me first refused to send a post the sent it twice ??? maybe by way of apology for the delay?
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

I have had major problems either connecting (SQL) and then when I have connected I get to read one post before it crashes again and goes back to SQL.
The time it takes to load - yesterday - was about 20 minutes, possibly, perhaps, maybe, then it crashed again.
Photos are a real no no. It just won't let you post them and then it crashes again.
Posting comments this morning was easier and quicker, but it couldn't have been worse than yesterday.
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Problems/SQL Errors/Photo Upload Problems

Post by dozer »

I am not sure what is causing the SQL errors, have the host researching. Also, as far as the photos I just created a post with some photos attached in the test area and they uploaded OK. Please attempt to PM or email me any photos you are having trouble with and I will attempt to add that specific one to a post.

Just an additional note; if you have any trouble with the site go ahead and start a new thread in this section/ Feature Requests and Problem Reports unless it is clear the problem is related to an on-going and current thread.
sirineou

Post by sirineou »

I just posted a picture and several inane replies and had do problems at all.
I think the problem is specific to Geordie and Fredlk, and it is probably do to the fact they disagree with me.
It is probably a punishment from god :lol:
geordie

Post by geordie »

if its any help its also told me memory full wait it will take 60 seconds for host to clear memory ?? something like that anyway after waiting 20 mins i knew it was lying :roll:
I did not start a new thread because i didnot expect it to persist also usually if this pc plays about its after it,s upgraded itself my son alway fobs me off with the changes as _software upgrade,s :mrgreen: its a lot better this evening anyway thanks Dozer

sirineou had it been me alone it could have been fobbed off as ""lost the plot" Fred knows how they work
sirineou

Post by sirineou »

geordie wrote:if its any help its also told me memory full wait it will take 60 seconds for host to clear memory ?? something like that anyway after waiting 20 mins i knew it was lying :roll:
I did not start a new thread because i didnot expect it to persist also usually if this pc plays about its after it,s upgraded itself my son alway fobs me off with the changes as _software upgrade,s :mrgreen: its a lot better this evening anyway thanks Dozer

sirineou had it been me alone it could have been fobbed off as ""lost the plot" Fred knows how they work
I am only kidding about the god thing,
But are you sure the "host" is not just yanking your chain?
I don't want you to get too paranoid, but maybe HAL 9000 ( the CTH server computer) has it in for you. :mrgreen:
geordie

Post by geordie »

[quote="sirineou"
I don't want you to get too paranoid, but maybe HAL 9000 ( the CTH server computer) has it in for you. :mrgreen:[/quote]

GEORDIE REPLY :? :? :? below ??
I suspected that initially especially as the bloody thing just done it again to me left a response hanging for ages hit refresh eventually which usually deletes what i wrote and logs me off ! for a change it did neither and the reply went through
sirineou wrote: I am only kidding about the god thing,
Liar you should really see someone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sirineou

Post by sirineou »

geordie wrote: Liar you should really see someone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately you are right about the Liar part but not right about the god part :wink: :?
And you know,,, you are not the first to give me this advise,and I took it, but for some inexplicable reason my wife did not appreciate her, and devorced me!!! :(
Do you really think I should try it with my current wife? :P

after carefully and thoughtfully considering my every post reply ( for about a nanosecond :lol: ) When I am ready to submit a post, I always high-lite it and copy it , in case HAL 9000 has it in for me also. That way if I have a problem I can always re- paste it.
And always stay away from airlocks .
geordie

Post by geordie »

Bing useless with computers as well as semi illiterate i have problems i though a hilight was something the wife had in her hair ? then realised it meant colour it blue and copy i have seen people do it loads but i always lose the bit it copied ? proof above i managed to copy the {quote} bit then lost it again happily i just did a rather long post that went through instantly but i did initially wonder if the fact i use google UK had any bearing on it even cheching peak time,s scholl tipping out in uk or here coincidentally it did play up at those times but usually it just sloes things down a little not kick me into touch
sirineou

Post by sirineou »

geordie wrote:Bing useless with computers as well as semi illiterate i have problems i though a hilight was something the wife had in her hair ? then realised it meant colour it blue and copy i have seen people do it loads but i always lose the bit it copied ? proof above i managed to copy the {quote} bit then lost it again happily i just did a rather long post that went through instantly but i did initially wonder if the fact i use google UK had any bearing on it even cheching peak time,s scholl tipping out in uk or here coincidentally it did play up at those times but usually it just sloes things down a little not kick me into touch
Holding down the left mouse button while dragging the cursor over the portion of script you want to copy, would high-lite it blue, then right click the mouse, while the cursor is over the high-lited script and you will get a dialog box with a number of options, one of them would be COPY now this script is copied in your computers temp memory . to access that copied script, all you need to do is to again Right click the mouse in the area you want to Paste the script , and the same dialog box as before will open, this time choose the PASTE option. you can do that in the reply window, or if you want to save the script you copied, you can paste it in to your word processing program, or your windows note pad.

Video on how to do it: [youtube][/youtube]
geordie

Post by geordie »

Far too complicated :roll: