PM's?

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Galee

PM's?

Post by Galee »

I know I'm not the the brightest spark around, but has anyone else noticed the PM facility has gone?, or am I missing something obvious.
BKKBILL

Re: PM's?

Post by BKKBILL »

Dozer has shut it temporarily.

There have been some complaints regarding abusive PM's and other possible misuse of the PM system which I am taking seriously and investigating. In the mean time I am temporarily taking down the PM system. As updates become available I will inform you on this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience but I feel it is necessary to err on the side of caution.

In the meantime if you wish to communicate with me use the web site form, located here:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/coolthaifeedback.php
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Galee

Post by Galee »

Thanks for the explanation. I missed the original thread explaining why.
Smithson

Post by Smithson »

I'm not sure how serious the abuse of the system was, but taking it down completely seems a bit drastic. I'm sure other forums have similar problems, however the seem to manage. Sorry to seem negative, it's just that PMs are an important component of forums. Is there anyway to access old messages, have they been stored or deleted? Thanks.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

There is an update here: http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... 65&start=0. The old information is still available.
ningnong

Post by ningnong »

Thanks for restoring the PM Dozer. I see there is a problem with rogue adverts now :(
ningnong

"Life is what happens while you are making other plans."
John Lennon (1940 - 1980)