ASKING OPINIONS ON POOL DESIGN & CONTRACTOR

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

ASKING OPINIONS ON POOL DESIGN & CONTRACTOR

Postby jeffandgop » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:15 am

My house builder has selected The Poolmaker to construct our 4x8M saltwater pool. Attached is a system diagram. The wall inlets/LED's are located on the side closest to the house; the skimmer & waterfall feature is opposite and near the back side of our property. It is clear to me that the operation of the waterfall will interfere with the skimmer and the skimmer needs to be re-located. Questions are for comment/feedback:
1. Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with The Poolmaker?
2. I think that the skimmer should be re-located to the side where the LED's are and the wall inlets moved to the opposite side where the waterfall is located- comments or advice?
3. The filter tank planned for installation is "KRIPSOL ARTIK MDL AKT 760.c- anyone have any knowledge/experience with this manufacturer/model?
4. The water planned for installation is "KRIPSOL KORAL KS150- does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this manufacturer/model?
5. The salt chlorinator planned for installation is manufactured by "HURLCON"- does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this manufacturer?
6. The LEDs (8W/12V) planned for installation are manufactured by"DOLPHIN"- does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this manufacturer/model? Note the diagram plans for 3 LEDs; I am thinking an additional one should be also installed at the stairs entering the pool. Does anyone think that the LEDs should be installed on the opposite (waterfall) side so light shines towards the house?

Thank you for any comments/advice/warnings. etc. Feel free to send a private message if necessary.

Jeff
Attachments
Scan.jpeg
POOL SYSTEM SINGLE LINE DIAGRAM
jeffandgop

Re: ASKING OPINIONS ON POOL DESIGN & CONTRACTOR

Postby jaimefranklin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:59 pm

I thought pool skimmers should be located at the edges of swimming pool and main drain should be at the bottom so that water enters and flows into the swimming pool and the place of pool pump is also very important as both main drain and skimmer get suction from it.

[Link removed as per forum rules mod]
jaimefranklin

Re: ASKING OPINIONS ON POOL DESIGN & CONTRACTOR

Postby geordie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Jeff I know bugger all about swimming pool design but there is a long running topic on the subject including DIY building interestingly there is a current topic discussing the need for a bottom drain at all + in there a link which gives in depth reasoning as to why a main drain can be omitted
Equipment you may find in there recomendation,s but usually its a personal taste and availability some equivalants for chlorine and filter mediums ect can be found elswhere than pool shop for a good saving but pool shops tend to se it as a luxury item and mark stuff up to suit it a subject worth reading up on that's for sure
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Return to swimming pool