building our swimmingpool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: building our swimmingpool

Postby olavhome » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 pm

sjeng wrote:So the second layer of rebar is completed except for the top row, first we put the concrete for the floor and than have to check the hight for finish the rebar toprow, i think the wal have to come up some 10 cm more but we do that after the floor is ready.
today no workers on site because i not got the waterstop jet, the shop promised to deliver today, but not see them jet.
so i hope tomorrow can put the waterstop in and adjust (lift) the rebar for about 5 cm and put the small 5 cm concrete footings under (home made from empty PET water bottles ) bent and bow the rebar to adjust if nessesarry and order the 10 m3 concrete 280 water proof. probably pooring on saturday or monday, good we are not in a hurry,
will be back soon

Hi, understand you had two layers of rebar in the bottom of the pool, but not been able to figure if need the same in the sides ?? :?:
olavhome

Postby sjeng » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 am

olavhome wrote:
sjeng wrote:So the second layer of rebar is completed except for the top row, first we put the concrete for the floor and than have to check the hight for finish the rebar toprow, i think the wal have to come up some 10 cm more but we do that after the floor is ready.
today no workers on site because i not got the waterstop jet, the shop promised to deliver today, but not see them jet.
so i hope tomorrow can put the waterstop in and adjust (lift) the rebar for about 5 cm and put the small 5 cm concrete footings under (home made from empty PET water bottles ) bent and bow the rebar to adjust if nessesarry and order the 10 m3 concrete 280 water proof. probably pooring on saturday or monday, good we are not in a hurry,
will be back soon

Hi, understand you had two layers of rebar in the bottom of the pool, but not been able to figure if need the same in the sides ?? :?:

I did use 2 layers in the walls,
you could also use one layer depends on the wall thickness and the space between the steel i used 2 layers with 20 cm grit space, if using one layer i would recommend 10 cm space between the steel rods. it would result in a thinner wall (15 cm) mine are 20+
sjeng

Postby olavhome » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks, Think I go for the 20 cm with 2 layers. :)
olavhome

Postby Jonny5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:07 am

Hi,

I'm looking at building the same size as your pool. How do you know how the piping system works, with skimmer and adding lights in pool?
Jonny5

Postby jazzman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:11 am

If you buy all your technical equipment from one reputable supplier, they will provide you with free diagrams and schematics for the plumbing and electrics.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby NIKKI5 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:55 pm

This is very much same of what i want to build, a rectangle pool great for swimming. Did you buyed or rented or any contracter bring the needed plywood and other needed to get the framework up for the cement?

Nikki
NIKKI5

Previous

Return to swimming pool