Pool tiles

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Pool tiles

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

olavhome wrote:Guess they feel People With pools are wealthy, so "sky is the limit"

Just wait until you have to find a company to lay them properly with the right glue/grout. I'd be looking for that company to supply them as well.
Roger Ramjet

Re: Pool tiles

Postby jazzman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:48 pm

olavhome wrote:Guess they feel People With pools are wealthy, so "sky is the limit" :evil:

I begin to yawn at these typical comments that everyone here is out to rip you off. if you can't appreciate how much cheaper evrything is here in your home country, then I tend to lose my patience when posting helpful comments here.

baht 800 - 900 is the perfectly normal price for the antique style tiles you are referring to. You can buy them at Global House, Home Pro, Home Hub, Do Home, Home Mart and Thai Watsadu at those prices and indeed from at least one of the more professional pool companies. Suffice it to say that these tiles are not manufactured exclusively for use in swimming pools.
As another poster has correctly emphasised however, that it is essential that the tiles are laid correctly, (method) and using the correct SPECIAL tile adhesive for swimming pools and the correct SPECIAL grout specifically engineered for swimming pools. These products are also relatively expensive.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Previous

Return to swimming pool