Chiangmai electrician or remote guidance

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Chiangmai electrician or remote guidance

Postby Cheeryble » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi we want to make a small addition to the electrics in an existing kitchen, maybe adding a couple of outlets which might take appliances with fairly high loads i.e. counter oven, hob etc which might be up to near 3kw for each.
The existing sockets are very ample in number and Panasonic with SafeTCut consumer unit, i.e. fairly respectable, but we don;t know how it's all wired and whether it can be a spur from existing or need a new run from the consumer unit or even a bigger consumer unit to take an extra circuit or two.
So essentially although I'm not a complete moron with electrics......have wired a house back home on a ring main....it's radial circuits here I believe and we prefer to use or get advice from someone with the experience and need a really competent electrical guy who speaks good English (we speak Thai somewhat but want excellent communication) OR I'm wondering if I made a plan of existing and proposed and a bunch of photos if we could get guidance from one of the experts on this forum as to a systematic way to work out what's possible and what's not. Would be very grateful!

thanks in advance
Cheeryble
Cheeryble

Re: Chiangmai electrician or remote guidance

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Cheeryble wrote:Hi we want to make a small addition to the electrics in an existing kitchen, maybe adding a couple of outlets which might take appliances with fairly high loads i.e. counter oven, hob etc which might be up to near 3kw for each.
The existing sockets are very ample in number and Panasonic with SafeTCut consumer unit, i.e. fairly respectable, but we don;t know how it's all wired and whether it can be a spur from existing or need a new run from the consumer unit or even a bigger consumer unit to take an extra circuit or two.
So essentially although I'm not a complete moron with electrics......have wired a house back home on a ring main....it's radial circuits here I believe and we prefer to use or get advice from someone with the experience and need a really competent electrical guy who speaks good English (we speak Thai somewhat but want excellent communication) OR I'm wondering if I made a plan of existing and proposed and a bunch of photos if we could get guidance from one of the experts on this forum as to a systematic way to work out what's possible and what's not. Would be very grateful!

thanks in advance
Cheeryble

Ring final (ring main) are not recommended even in the UK now, they provide quite an number of extra fault conditions that are difficult to isolate, and sometimes very dangerous.

If you've done that the a radial final is child's play in comparison.

Your best adviser is Crossy on ThaiVisa
Sometimewoodworker

Return to electric