Led down lights which wattage ?

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Re: Led down lights which wattage ?

Postby Andyfteeze » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 am

So you are saying I shouldn't have an opinion that is mine only? I wanted to emphasise that is was ONLY my opinion.
Not arrogantly preaching as you say. Have another read.
CHL
Andyfteeze

Postby MGV12 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:So you are saying I shouldn't have an opinion that is mine only? I wanted to emphasise that is was ONLY my opinion.
CHL

No wish to make you feel your contribution is not welcome ... simply that you may get your personal point across better if you are more understanding of the varied backgrounds, experience levels and ethnicity of our members.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1173 ... de-yelling

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Shastadad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 am

Andyfteeze wrote:So you are saying I shouldn't have an opinion that is mine only? I wanted to emphasise that is was ONLY my opinion.
CHL

No, your not stating your opinion, you stated a fact:

Most led lights don't work with a dimmer because they are in reality many leds tied together

LED light's can be dimmed, you just have to use a special type of dimmer designed for LED's. I have one that I use underwater with a string style of led's

dimmer2.png
dimmer2.png (58.04 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Shastadad

Postby iammike » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:20 am

fredlk wrote:
iammike wrote: I haven't found one that I can use outdoors yet. Normal ones will work, but what I have read is that their lifetime is dramatically reduced if you use them in Enclosed Fixtures

I have enclosed fixtures and the only ones I found that don't heat up are the ones I use everywhere, 1.5 W. Somewhere in another topic there's a photo of them. They have been in these fixtures for almost 4 years now and on every night and only 2 have failed so far.

Hi Fredlk,

Thanks but 1.5 watts is a bit low as I want to light up my outer wall. I am thinking of using 10 watts+/- . I was last week in Chonburi and have been looking for these but also there nowhere to be found. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please do excuse any spelling mistakes.
iammike

Previous

Return to electric