Electric and Water

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Re: Electric and Water

Postby iammike » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:54 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
HDPE piping is not so available, LDPE piping is everywhere.

Oke thanks. I got the advice to use HDPE8 piping for my Water so I thought to use the same for the Electric.

Thanks again, appreciated.
iammike

Postby thailazer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 pm

The direct burial cable is very rugged and my electrician friend recommends it over cable in conduit, as conduit will fill with water over time due to condensation or due to missed joints. (If you do use conduit, seal each end and make sure every joint is done correctly.) No problem putting water and electricity in the same trench but make sure you check the recommended burial depths and make sure you put a trace line or tape about a foot above the electrical line so workers in the future might have a bit of warning of the cable being there.
thailazer

Postby iammike » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:35 pm

thailazer wrote:<snip> and make sure you put a trace line or tape about a foot above the electrical line so workers in the future might have a bit of warning of the cable being there.

Thanks, I will put them directly next to the wall so there will be no misunderstanding where they are.
iammike

Previous

Return to electric