Control Panel for Borehole Pump

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Control Panel for Borehole Pump

Postby lblake32 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 pm

I have a fancy looking control box to start/stop the deep bore well pump. It has a 3 position switch on the front marked "manual/off/auto". There is a float switch controlling the "auto" setting. Between the pump and the 3000 ltr tank I have a filter that should be backwashed weekly. My problem is that the "manual" setting does not work so I have to reduce the water level in the tank before the pump will run for the backwash. Alternatively I can remove the wires from the float switch and place a shunt accross the connections. I think that the float switch maybe on the wrong connections but I can't get sensible information locally. The panel is installed by the guy that drills the borehole and he knows little.

I think the panel is standard issue (photo attached) and if anyone knows the correct wiring I would be grateful for any help and advice.

Many thanks
Attachments
20141127_115015.jpg
lblake32

Re: Control Panel for Borehole Pump

Postby pattayapope » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:49 pm

If you look at the bottom row of terminals there are two without any field wiring the adjacent wiring has a blue and a white wire (are these the ones going to the level switch?) You may need a jumper across the two terminals but someone with a good understanding of electrics should have a look first. There is some thai writing on these terminals find out what it says may help to understand what the terminals are for.This panel has two much internal equipment just for a bore pump, does it do any other functions? I wonder what the timers are for on the top row and what is the orange device for looks like it may be a timer as well. Can you post a picture for the front of the panel as well so I can see what swiches are installed.
pattayapope

Re: Control Panel for Borehole Pump

Postby lblake32 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Yes, the blue and white wires are from the level switch. It's these wires that I remove and replace with a jumper to run the pump for backwash. The empty terminals to the right are labeled "for switch" (in Thai). I tried a jumper across these but to no effect. It's quite a nice panel and if I could locate the manufacturer maybe I could have a better understanding. Front of panel photo attached.
A friend has the same panel but without the level switch and his has a jumper across these terminals for manual/timed run. I believe this uses the two timers that you refer to.
Many thanks for your input.
regards
Les
Attachments
Front of Panel.jpg
lblake32

Return to electric