Gasoline Generator

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Gasoline Generator

Postby oneday » Sat May 10, 2014 2:52 pm

I want to buy a generator. I've settled on a 3000 watt capacity. Today I looked at what Thai Watsadu had in Pattaya. They only had two brands; a Sakari and Kwai Thong which I'd guess is a Thai brand. The Thai brand is cheaper and naturally my first inclination was to dismiss it. In any case, that's beside the point, because I need to advise my wife who is up in Kalasin and will buy it from Global House, so my question is does anyone know what brand of generators Global House sells (their website was no use) and any recommendation for a brand.

Sakari 3KW Generator.jpg

Kwai Thong Generator.jpg
oneday

Re: Gasoline Generator

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat May 10, 2014 6:46 pm

I can't comment on the generator but the Kwai Thong water pump we have has started with no problem, after 3 or more months idle, each time we have used it.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby oneday » Sat May 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:I can't comment on the generator but the Kwai Thong water pump we have has started with no problem, after 3 or more months idle, each time we have used it.

This water pump is powered by a gas engine? I assume gas since you mentioned it starting after 3 months with no problem which you would usually only say in reference to a gas engine...just want to make sure. If this is the case then that is good to hear because the Kwai Thong is significantly cheaper.
oneday

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat May 10, 2014 9:49 pm

oneday wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:I can't comment on the generator but the Kwai Thong water pump we have has started with no problem, after 3 or more months idle, each time we have used it.

This water pump is powered by a gas engine? I assume gas since you mentioned it starting after 3 months with no problem which you would usually only say in reference to a gas engine...just want to make sure. If this is the case then that is good to hear because the Kwai Thong is significantly cheaper.

Well since I'm English, No it isn't. it's powered by a 2 stroke petrol engin :lol:

I did and do drain the tank after use so the petrol won't go stale
Sometimewoodworker

Return to electric