solar energy

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Re: solar energy

Postby sjeng » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:48 pm

I am happy and pleases to tell all of you that PEA changed my meter again.

jan 2016 they chaged the meter for a non turn back one.
Now aug 2016 they changed the meter again AND IT TURNS BACKWARDS AGAIN (LOL).

So I am happy as can be.

DONT TELL THEM PLEASE.
sjeng

Postby schuimpge » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Didn't I tell you I got a new job?
8) :lol:
schuimpge

Postby sjeng » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:09 pm

schuimpge wrote:Didn't I tell you I got a new job?
8) :lol:

realy, :shock: thanks for your coop, I hope you stay for long time :wink:
sjeng

Postby Psychic » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi sjeng,
I saw a 3kwh grid tie advertised lately for 175,000.
I'm thinking it would likely be done cheaper.
Any idea about the present cost of doing this with the guys you used,
Without re-checking everything, I think you sourced your own inverter from China.
I'm still likely a year away from doing this, just wondering what the price would look like.
Thanks.
Chris.
Psychic

Postby sjeng » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Psychic wrote:Hi sjeng,
I saw a 3kwh grid tie advertised lately for 175,000.
I'm thinking it would likely be done cheaper.
Any idea about the present cost of doing this with the guys you used,
Without re-checking everything, I think you sourced your own inverter from China.
I'm still likely a year away from doing this, just wondering what the price would look like.
Thanks.
Chris.

Prices are going down, solar panels are now for a 280-300 wp between 6-7 k need 12-14 pcs depends on type and specs
inverter 3 KW grid tie 52k

so in total 130.000 -150.000 thb DIY (easy to do when you can put cristmas tree lights in your cristmas tree you can do it yourself)

nice shop for comparing prices :
http://www.thaipowertech.com/index.php? ... pe=&page=2
or comlete set 3000W
http://www.thaipowertech.com/index.php? ... &cid=65039

good luck
sjeng

Postby Psychic » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Thank you Sjeng.
Clearly you have never seen me string Christmas lights and electricity scares the crap out of me ever since I got zapped with 440v as a kid :-)
Glad your meter is working for you again.
I think with a 3KW system I can pretty much use it up in daytime hours with pumps etc.
If the meter runs backwards, that'll be a bonus to cover evening usage.
First to settle our running dispute with the PEA. They wanted 20K to put new posts and a regular meter.
Wifey got ticked off since she thought it should be free...so against better judgement, didn't pay it.
Then a new neighbour got a house built. The contractor said the posts were from PEA. But the electric company now says they're not and will have to be replaced with identical posts. But the work is contracted out to the same people who pit the original posts in.
Price? Don't know.Same distance, but now serving two homes.
TIT :-)
Anyway, thanks. At the price you quoted, it would look like a 4-6 year payback.
I'll start looking at the sites you linked.
Psychic

Postby sezze » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Even cheaper now
http://www.solarpensuk.com/
http://www.supersolarz.com/index.aspx?p ... d51388f5a1.
Inverter 25k for 3000watt .
http://www.supersolarz.com/index.aspx?p ... 35ff00372f

so 10 or 12 panels 250 to 300 watt panels = between 60 and 70k
inverter 25k
So you are looking at 100k alltogether .
sezze

Postby sjeng » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Another year ahead with my 2 x 1.5 Kw solar set.
Still going strong.
Output an average of 98 Kw a week or just above 5000 Kw a year is about THB 22.000 into my pocket. :D
So the break even point will be after 6 years august 2018.
Technical no problems.
2012 1624 Kw
2013 4523 Kw
2014 5134 Kw
2015 5369 Kw
2016 5251 Kw
2017 3684 Kw jan-aug
sjeng

Postby Klondyke » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Just a small correction: the correct unit for the energy spent or supplied is kWh - kilowatt hour, a power of 1 kW (1,000 Watt) over 1 hour.
Klondyke

Postby Andyfteeze » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 am

Just one addition to make. If you are planning on solar power, make sure you use MIcro inverters. Thats one mini inverter per panel. Its more expensive but its also future proof.

Here is the logic.
10 panels with one inverter runs fine till one panel has shade or one panel dies. With shade over one panel output drops. One panel dies and the system is down, you have to find a replacement panel of exact same type. ( after 5-10yrs, good luck) PLUS you have to find which panel has failed, no mean feat on its own. Expansion consists of adding another total system, you cant incrementaly increase the size of the system

One micro inverter per panel means you can easily localise problems, one panel down has little effect on output and expansion is dead easy, just add another panel. So this year you can buy 5 panels, next year another 2 and the year after another 5 etc etc etc.
Andyfteeze

Postby sjeng » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 am

Andyfteeze wrote:Just one addition to make. If you are planning on solar power, make sure you use MIcro inverters. Thats one mini inverter per panel. Its more expensive but its also future proof.

Here is the logic.
10 panels with one inverter runs fine till one panel has shade or one panel dies. With shade over one panel output drops. One panel dies and the system is down, you have to find a replacement panel of exact same type. ( after 5-10yrs, good luck) PLUS you have to find which panel has failed, no mean feat on its own. Expansion consists of adding another total system, you cant incrementaly increase the size of the system

One micro inverter per panel means you can easily localise problems, one panel down has little effect on output and expansion is dead easy, just add another panel. So this year you can buy 5 panels, next year another 2 and the year after another 5 etc etc etc.

At this moment there are no mini inverters on the PEA approval list, so when you run your solar legal with PEA its a no go .
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 am

Government is on the move to get pay back for your left over energy.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... recent_box

lets wait and see but THB 2,6 is not much.
sjeng

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 pm

sjeng wrote:Government is on the move to get pay back for your left over energy.

The question is, is EGAT on the move? My wife rang today and asked when our approval (that has been on hold for 4 years by them) for our four solar panels and inverter would be approved.
20 minutes waiting and she was told it was only for small factories. When she quoted from the BP she was told that was just a proposal and THEY hadn't approved the scheme yet.
And so we wait in the queue, and I suspect I will be long dead and buried before there is any approval.
Roger Ramjet

Postby sjeng » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
sjeng wrote:Government is on the move to get pay back for your left over energy.

The question is, is EGAT on the move? My wife rang today and asked when our approval (that has been on hold for 4 years by them) for our four solar panels and inverter would be approved.
20 minutes waiting and she was told it was only for small factories. When she quoted from the BP she was told that was just a proposal and THEY hadn't approved the scheme yet.
And so we wait in the queue, and I suspect I will be long dead and buried before there is any approval.

just connect and use your solar power.
We are using it for 5 years now, got a new meter from PEA several times, even one that did not count back, but later they repaced it for a normal one.
sjeng

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm

sjeng wrote:just connect and use your solar power.
We are using it for 5 years now, got a new meter from PEA several times, even one that did not count back, but later they repaced it for a normal one.

Very tempted to do just that, however, EGAT in our area can be very nasty at times. So far we have gone the legal route, even though it was a wasted half day at EGAT Nontharburi, just to be told factories only. Far be it for me to disturb the oligarchs in their ivory towers and I would have to go the battery route as our power is totally unreliable on most weekends. And so it goes from a reasonable 95,000 baht to over 200,000 and no permission.
But you are right. I should just do it.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to electric