Udon Thani Area - Electriction

Information on electric installation and anything related to electric.
Design, materials, sources & prices, for separate topics on:
- Wiring diagrams, regulations and standards
- materials, installation, connection.
- sources & prices
- hazards and trouble shooting
Before you post any questions, download Itchy's tutorials and search for an answer there.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Re: Udon Thani Area - Electriction

Postby kmanonmaui » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
kmanonmaui wrote:
Concerns:

Other Item of Interest, but not of great importance right now: I plan on placing a generator large enough to power the key needs of the house on property, manual cut-over. If anyone has some thoughts/recommendations on this I would appreciate it also.

Make sure that it's in the electrical plan.
Set it up for auto start and auto switching. You will quickly find manual operating start and switching gets boring.

Ah...finally made it here. Sadly, my basement does have about 3 cm of water in it. But, its been raining like hell since I got here last week and without any pumps installed yet I'm not that surprised.

Now starting to look at matters that may take a bit of time and the generator has come up again. From readings, I "hear" that water cooled is more quiet, but not so available. I've ample room on the property to place the generator 20+ meters away from the house...but much more and I'll have my neighbors hearing more of the generator noise than I will, which wouldn't be nice.

Really would like a "small business" sized generator, despite the extra cost, to provide enough to run the home with multiple a/c splits as well as other items without issue. Problem I am finding is that "I cannot seem to locate a 20k KW plus level generator in Thailand". Am I just not looking hard enough or not looking in the right places? This is my "ideal unit", though air-cooled, but no B&S dealer in Thailand that I can find: http://apelectric.com/briggs-stratton-4 ... er-switch/

Screenshot 2017-09-15 at 5.36.18 PM.png
kmanonmaui

Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Postby Klondyke » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:42 pm

If just for your house (and not for all neighbors in the soi), perhaps you should first observe what everything is running in your house with excluding some not very important consumers when the power failure occurs. Normally, unless you do not feed some workshop machines, some 2 - 3 kW should be enough. And that is available in Thailand. And surely much quiet than such 20 kW machine.
Klondyke

Postby kmanonmaui » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Klondyke wrote:If just for your house (and not for all neighbors in the soi), perhaps you should first observe what everything is running in your house with excluding some not very important consumers when the power failure occurs. Normally, unless you do not feed some workshop machines, some 2 - 3 kW should be enough. And that is available in Thailand. And surely much quiet than such 20 kW machine.

Solid advice and much appreciated. Would still like larger than 3 kW, maybe 7 kW. Is there a particular make/model available in Thailand that anyone could recommend? NG over Diesel? Any other advice/recommendations always appreciated.

-k-
kmanonmaui

Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Previous

Return to electric