How to REPORT a POST

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

How to REPORT a POST

Post by dozer »

Let's all start by keeping in mind that the coolthaihouse is basically a repository of information. In any particular thread we like to have the post 'stay on topic' so that later when someone googles to that thread, the information matches the title of the thread.

Now, what happens if someone is blatantly OFF TOPIC or STARTING A FLAME WAR or SELF-ADVERTISING? What should you do? Should you immediately alert everyone in the thread by posting a reply to the thread indicating the policy violation? NO! That is right, I said no!!!! And why? Let's say we are posting about cement and someone posts something about swimming pools in the same thread...... if you 'moderate it yourself' on the fly and post your indications that the post is off topic and then someone quotes you and puts in some other stuff, we end up with a real mess.

Just allow the one OFF TOPIC, or FLAME or SELF-ADVERTISING post to stay in the thread and don't reply. But then please PM me and or alternatively REPORT THE POST. This is done with the little '!' icon at the top right of the post and anyone can do it.

It makes it easier to moderate the forum, it just means removal or an edit to one post, not a big mess to untangle!
thaifly

Re: How to REPORT a POST

Post by thaifly »

gidday dozer...its the thai fly from mae rim...your above post....certainly puts a solid floor on C.T.H. forum..which should keep flaming...self promotion..e.t.c. to a minium on C.T.H. well done...my question to you is...WHEN THE MEMBER...reports such a instance...as i did last sunday...what happens from there??? as for my case the post is still intact.. and i am no wiser as to why one way or another... if it has been investigated in my favour or not.....it would be very nice of you to clarify .......that if a member reports a post... what is the procedure.??? from your side of the fence...ITS A NEIGHBOURING GIDDAY TO ALL its the thai fly from mae rim
dozer
Site Admin

Re: How to REPORT a POST

Post by dozer »

Just follow up with a PM, as in this case the post had already been taken care of...