Removed Lawyer Post

Announcements and forum news!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Attila wrote: I still think it is better to teach how to recognize a bad fish, than to show a bad fish... but i see now that this would be missing the point of the OP :idea:
Exactly, but it is also important to tell the fisherman precisely what kind of fish you want, where and when you want it caught, and to give the chef perfect instructions on how you want it cooking, keeping your friends and relatives out of the kitchen, and eating the fish before it goes rotten.
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

Changed my mind....I thoroughly recommend them to you guys.....hope they do an equally exemplary job.

By the way, their translation was their inhouse job. For a company trying to secure farnag customers that cannot even translate a document accurately, only in my books heightens the level of incompetence from somewhat to huge.

The thing is, if none of you want to be advised of shoddy service and only good service, then you will all get bit on the arse one day.

So by all of your views, it seems that you should take the good with the bad and if not able to advise of incompetence from one company, it seems about right you should not be able to advise on the positive sides of another company. Guess I will start not recommending some companies to everyone who asks me then also.

Cannot have your cakes and eat em all as well.
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

'blame for being guilty for all the misery in his life and all over the world'

You are an absolute moron Attila.....apologies for being blunt.
Attila

Post by Attila »

Nawty wrote:... Forgetting about half of their fee also goes some way to say they either agree they fcuked up and don't deserve it, or they got paid off enough by the other party to forget about it.

Either way......as a girl I know says...."not nice"
Well, yeah, not nice, but who's not nice here?

Sometimes they make an error at the cashier at a 7/11, give me back more change then they should, or forget to scan someting ... how would you react? Remind them to correct it? Or stay quiet and hope they won't notice before you were out of sight :twisted:

I find myself, to my own surprise, politely showing them the error they made and asking them to correct it, which results in my paying more, but still, more means paying the correct and fair price.

How about you?

And what does it mean that they were "Forgetting about half of their fee"? They have not invoiced you? Or you have paid only half, hoping they would not notice before you were out of sight? And now they're nice and not chasing you yet, and you turn it around into admission of guilt :roll:

May be Thaifly is right, they just had enough of you...
Attila

Post by Attila »

jazzman wrote:
Attila wrote: I still think it is better to teach how to recognize a bad fish, than to show a bad fish... but i see now that this would be missing the point of the OP :idea:
Exactly, but it is also important to tell the fisherman precisely what kind of fish you want, where and when you want it caught, and to give the chef perfect instructions on how you want it cooking, keeping your friends and relatives out of the kitchen, and eating the fish before it goes rotten.
Right, Jazzman, that's what I mean. Learn the "how" and not the "who", as it it not important who the cook is or who the fisherman, or even who's the fish... says an "absolute moron", but that's also not important, the moron's words are correct, nevertheless :D
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

Funny how you give a steak to a cook and tell them exactly how you want it done, yet it still comes out dripping in blood or dry as a nuns whatsit.

Bad cook.

I guess it is better to tell someone the signs of a rotton egg, but then let them crack it into their cake to find out for themselves rather then tell them up front that you already know that egg is bad.

You guys really like doing things the hard way.

As another nice girl I know says....up to you.
Attila

Post by Attila »

Nawty wrote:...
I guess it is better to tell someone the signs of a rotton egg
What a surprise! There is hope!!!!! He's getting it now!!!! Yes, "tell someone the signs of a rotton egg" = "teach someone how to recognize a rotten egg!" :D So eventually we agree and everybody smiles and is happy :D :D
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

This thread has now moved on a whole page so I'm reprinting this little story as it was obviously too hard to understand at the first reading:
jazzman wrote:If a customer doesn't give the hardware store the right information about what he needs the hammer for, he runs a fair risk of being sold the wrong hammer; if he allows his friends and relations to confuse the salesman with conflicting reasons for wanting a hammer, he runs a fair risk of being sold the wrong hammer; when he finally gets the hammer, if the instructions in the box are in a language he doesn't know, it would be an idea to get them translated by a reliable professional - hardware store salesmen are notorious for their linguistic lacunae - otherwise he runs a fair risk of finding that he has still been sold the wrong hammer.
And finally, if he waits so long that the job he wanted the hammer for gets irreparable or the guarantee has expired, he will run a fair risk of finding that even the right hammer from a good shop won't do the trick.
nawty wrote:Funny how you give a steak to a cook and tell them exactly how you want it done, yet it still comes out dripping in blood or dry as a nuns whatsit. Bad cook.

Good cook
, friends and family in the kitchen getting in the way, and a recipe that needs a decent translation... :lol:
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

But the cook says he is graet at translations, but is not.

No friends, no family in the kilchen getting in the way. Only someone else who is in fact part of the case, their name is in fact the main person on the court documents....should they not be involved by your and their reckening ??.....other person involved was a more fluent thai speaker and translater than any of the interpreters provided by the firm, this other person was also a part of the case, a witness and a person present during the whole period in disagreement.

Anyway, the sad thing is that you cannot see the woods for the tees, your connections here are to deep to see it in any other way than being translated to you by an inconpetemt office.

Atilla seems to have a problem reading english.

And it is nice to see you agree that good translations should have been provided, considering they did the translations to me, not me to them, seems you admit they fcuked up here also.

Finally we seem to agree that they are incompetent and Atilla needs to disect words to suit his agenda which is sinking fast with the cook on board.

Anyway, I would love to hear Atilla's expansion of this comment towards me..... ''blame for being guilty for all the misery in his life and all over the world' ...... If I had a ship on my shoulder, I would also be telling this story on 3 other forums I am a member of, 1 of which is building oriented somewhat, all are Thai based and all have much larger memberships than here and much much more traffic flow, hence a greater audience to spill my misery and guilt in my life and the worlds.

But I have not, maybe I should, in fact maybe you have persuaded me to do it more. Up till now I had only told people about the total incompetence of this firm if they asked me, which several have, but maybe its time to expand. Thanks for giving me those thoughts guys.
Attila

Post by Attila »

Nawty wrote:... Atilla seems to have a problem reading english ... and Atilla needs to disect words to suit his agenda
My agenda? Well, I tried to bring my point across, and - see some posts above - had given up on it, until you eventually seemed to have agreed, at least that's how I read your words "tell someone the signs of a rotton egg". For me "tell someone the signs of a rotton egg" is the same as, in other words, "teach someone how to recognize a rotten egg!", and exactly that was my point all the time.

Apparently at least one other member here understood my point, and even expanded it, so I might not be that wrong with it.

However if I read your words wrong then I humbly apologize.

Remember, from the beginning, after your first post in the deleted thread, where you started the finger pointing, I have added my experiences with law firms here, but different to you, not named a firm, but tried to explain what they did wrong, and to show how others, how you, how any other reader can recognize when he's manipulated or lied to by a law firm.

If I remember correctly I used words such as "If they tell you this and that, then run away quickly". My agenda was always to teach other members and readers here how to avoid the traps with which they had caught me, how to recognize them, and I still strongly believe, that it is more important to teach "how" to build correctly, instead of pointing out a company which in my opinion does not build good quality.

Please go through my posts in the deleted thread and in this thread, and that is what you find as what I try to bring across, all the time.

C'mon, you say it yourself a few posts above "tell someone the signs of a rotton egg"!!!!
Nawty wrote: Up till now I had only told people about the total incompetence of this firm if they asked me
Now this is not true, Nawty, not at all, and you know that I have proof of it :!:
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

thaifly wrote:
Nawty wrote:Hmmmm....thought this theory was long gone...I had let it die a natural death.

Must be closer connections than we thunked !!!!!!! :shock:

Anyway, they are still highly incompetant, that won't change any time soon.

Forgetting about half of their fee also goes some way to say they either agree they fcuked up and don't deserve it, or they got paid off enough by the other party to forget about it.

Either way......as a girl I know says...."not nice"
GIDDAY NAWTY ITS THE THAIFLY FROM MAE RIM maybe on the other hand they gave half your fees back ......politely telling u to get lost...as they probabl y had enough of you .its a LOVELY GIDDAY TO ALL ITS THE THAIFLY FROM MAE RIM
gidday to the GREAT JAZZMAN and the VERY WISE ALITIA its the thaifly from mae rim.. i stick to the above post ......if i was head principle of the law firm involved...i would be telling my 2.i.c to get this pest out of my life by cutting the fees in half ...and at some later date we will pick up our losses incurred...I.E WHAT U LOSE ON THE MERRY GO ROUND...YOU WILL PICK UP ON THE SWING.....and to you the LOVABLE NAWTY.....MAY BE YOU ARE ON TO MANY FORUMS three......and i wager you give them hell as well.....well fellas enough from the thai fly on this thread.i have enjoyed it immensely... MY CUE IS IN THE RACK AND I AM OFF TO THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD...NO FAT JOLLYS..THESE DAYS ...but a nice bottle red will do .... and the lovable nawty MAGIC CARPET RIDE record was oringnally recorded by STEPHEN WOLF in 1970 or there abouts and u are rite its a great record...and dont forget my pool posting... ITS A NAWTY GIDDAY TO ALL its the thai fly from mae rim
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

You guys are so funny....3 of you ganging up on me now and I am the only one here that kmows exactly what went on.

Atilla...you forgot to read and quote the full passage...let me post it again for your benefit in case you happen to of missed it while speed reading...

I guess it is better to tell someone the signs of a rotton egg, but then let them crack it into their cake to find out for themselves rather then tell them up front that you already know that egg is bad.

while your absurd....both of you...yet very artistic and expressive rendition of the story is colourful at least, it remains full of holes to make a swiss cheese maker proud.

You seem to think it is best not to tell someone something you know of for sure, instead spin them a riddle and show them and let them sort it out for themselves, whatever the outcome. I guess that is the difference between you and an aussie as we prefer to look out for mates in the long run.

Here is a little bedtine story for you, seeing as you like stories....

Atilla is about to cross a busy road, renowned for mowing down people. I see Atilla contemplating crossing the road, I explain to him the requirements of crossing this road and what to look out for, so that when he goes to do it himself, he knows what to look for.

He goes to cross the road, he looks one way, then the other, yet he does not see the big cememt truck loaded with cement for my pool heading towards him. I do not tell, because he should have figured out all the senarios for himself and poor Atilla gets clobbered by my cement truck because he did not want my direct and exact advice of 'look out for the fcuking truck in front of you'

Mai pen lai.
Attila

Post by Attila »

Nawty wrote:You guys are so funny....3 of you ganging up on me now and I am the only one here that kmows exactly what went on.
Dear Nawty, please note:

1) I'm not ganging up on you.
2) I'm not ganging up on you.
3) I'm not ganging up on you.
Nawty wrote:Atilla...you forgot to read and quote the full passage...let me post it again for your benefit in case you happen to of missed it while speed reading...

I apologize, yes, I misunderstood you. Yes, I have read that part too fast, probably I was too excited to see a chance for agreement, peace and harmony. Again, I apologize.
Nawty wrote:while your absurd....both of you...yet very artistic and expressive rendition of the story is colourful ...
("both"? I thought it's three ganging up know :wink: )

Please reread my posts, I'm not giving any "rendition" of your story. I'm even only rarely commenting on it - but merely trying to bring across that it's more helpfull to teach someone how to recognize a "rotten egg", so he never ever, even in the absence of a helpful warning from you, cracks such a rotten egg into his cake.
Nawty wrote:You seem to think it is best not to tell someone something you know of for sure ...
May I humbly state that you completely misunderstand me. :roll:

Nawty wrote:Here is a little bedtine story for you, seeing as you like stories.... Atilla is about to cross a busy road, renowned for mowing down people. I see Atilla contemplating crossing the road, I explain to him the requirements of crossing this road and what to look out for, so that when he goes to do it himself, he knows what to look for.
Now you're really confusing me. That exactly is my point all the time, however that's where you state all the time that you disagree with me.
Nawty wrote:He goes to cross the road, he looks one way, then the other, yet he does not see the big cememt truck loaded with cement for my pool heading towards him.
That's a little bit improbable, to look but not to see, assuming this guy is not having a problem with his eyes. Try again, may be you find a more probable scenario.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Nawty wrote: Atilla...you forgot to read and quote the full passage...
It may be that some other posters are not reading the full passages either.
Nawty wrote: it remains full of holes to make a swiss cheese maker proud...
...because you alone know why things went wrong, we are left to figure out the scenario and fill the holes ourselves.

No one is ganging up on you Nawty, what is happening is that you have been ganging up, without giving evidence, on a service provider with whom plenty of people have reason to be satisfied, and expecting others to accept the claims as fully substantiated. A scenario where such a claim may be justified would be in a clear-cut case of a PROVABLE scam - then you can yell it from the rooftops and even upload scans of any documents for all to see.
Nawty wrote:Here is a little bedtine story for you, seeing as you like stories....
Irrelevant story because Atilla uses good lawyers, avoids crossing dangerous roads and never gets clobbered. Also, his orthography, style, and understanding far surpasses that of many of the posters on CTH, and Aussi THAIFLY doesn't seem to have any problems with the content of this thread either.

The dangers of trying to appear astute by reading between the lines is clearly demonstrated by the total misunderstanding of who has agreed with what or with whom, and about who is connected with whom. It is as well to remember that this thread - unlike its deleted predecessor - is more about how information can be gained, evaluated, used, and correctly and politely disseminated without reverting to anglo-saxonisms - we leave that language for the likes of The Limey.
AS the message in the little blue parable is still being TOTALLY missed by some people, and as we all like bedtime stories, here's another one:

Jeff and his mates drove all over the outback for years. They had their cars regularly serviced by an Abbo garage in Alice Springs.They never had any accidents.
Kylie didn't have her car regularly serviced and drove across outback. Because she wasn't using her eyes, and because her brakes were not good she crashed straight into the side of Ayers Rock which really is too big to miss.
Jeff and his mates recommended the garage in Alice. The car was so badly damaged that the kindly Abbo was not able to effect a 100% repair and only took half price for the time he spent on the job.
Kylie would not admit she was partly to blame for the extent of the damage and started a smear campaign against the Abbo.
Jeff and his friends continue to have their cars serviced perfectly in Alice Springs because they give the mechanic clear instructions and don't mind paying for a translation. Kylie is wondering why she is making enemies out of nice people and why people around her have taken to communicating in metaphors and parables.
Attila

Post by Attila »

jazzman wrote: .. she crashed straight into the side of Ayers Rock which really is too big to miss.... The car was so badly damaged that the kindly Abbo was not able to effect a 100% repair ...
:D Let me guess ... it was a Ford :?: :!: 8)